Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ben Gardner

Seals

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

I usually stop fishing when I see that the seals have moved in. Traditionally that has been mid to late December in my spots. I always felt they chased the bass out. Anyhow, I have noticed seals early this year around mid to late October. Anyone else notice this? I also recently read Cape. Cod's surf fishing has taken a major hit beacause of the recent 300,000 plus protected seal population.

I might switch out my pole for a lead filled snow shoe!

Just wondering is all I'm wondering.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben Gardner View Post

I usually stop fishing when I see that the seals have moved in. Traditionally that has been mid to late December in my spots. I always felt they chased the bass out. Anyhow, I have noticed seals early this year around mid to late October. Anyone else notice this? I also recently read Cape. Cod's surf fishing has taken a major hit beacause of the recent 300,000 plus protected seal population.

I might switch out my pole for a lead filled snow shoe!

Just wondering is all I'm wondering.

I hate em!

I fish on bridges so I can see the bass. And it is very clear you can fish and be on bass one night and the next night there is a seal/ pod of seals and no bass at all. the first time I saw a seal on the bridge I thought it was a 60 pound bass

Lived on the Block for 30 years. Seals have been coming to the island as long as I've been there. We used to call them Christmas to Easter seals. Now they show up in September and stay to July. Bass eaten bastards, I'm in on the lead filled snow shoe.

A vacationing penguin is driving his car through Arizona when he notices that the oil pressure light is on. He gets out to look and sees oil dripping out of the motor.

He drives to the nearest town and stops at the first gas station.

After dropping the car off, the penguin goes for a walk around town. He sees an ice-cream shop and, being a penguin in Arizona, decides that something cold would really hit the spot.

He gets a big dish of ice cream and sits down to eat. Having no hands he makes a real mess trying to eat with his flippers.

After finishing his ice cream, he goes back to the gas station and asks the mechanic if he's found the problem. The mechanic looks up and says "It looks like you blew a seal."

"No no," the penguin replies, "it's just ice cream."

Keith

A vacationing penguin is driving his car through Arizona when he notices that the oil pressure light is on. He gets out to look and sees oil dripping out of the motor.

He drives to the nearest town and stops at the first gas station.

After dropping the car off, the penguin goes for a walk around town. He sees an ice-cream shop and, being a penguin in Arizona, decides that something cold would really hit the spot.

He gets a big dish of ice cream and sits down to eat. Having no hands he makes a real mess trying to eat with his flippers.

After finishing his ice cream, he goes back to the gas station and asks the mechanic if he's found the problem. The mechanic looks up and says "It looks like you blew a seal."

"No no," the penguin replies, "it's just ice cream."

Keith

That's an oldie but a goody!!!