Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jonesy

Veterans Day vs Memorial day

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

Each year some one surprises me by openin their months and saying something that shows they have no clue what the difference is. Don't they teach this stuff anymore?

Each year some one surprises me by openin their months and saying something that shows they have no clue what the difference is. Don't they teach this stuff anymore?

Do kids even say the Pledge anymore?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonesy View Post

“You know, education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don’t, you get stuck in Iraq.”

Most only care that it's a paid holiday.

Tis simple. Memorial Day remembers all the American Vets who died to protect this nation.

Veterans Day Salutes those who serve today and the living veterans from WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Gulf War One and the Current Conflicts.

Saluting out honored Dead in the Spring and Our Living protectors in the Fall is symbolic and balanced.

The Confusion comes from out education system. If you have kids in school you should let the educators know that you expect our honored Dead be recognized and our liver protector's be honored.

RJ, maybe simpler yet is to understand what people are talking about.   ;)

Memorial Day is when we "remember the dead"; veteran groups put our flag on cemetery memorials; public officials place wreaths at public memorials; flags are flown at half mast before noon.  Everyone knows what Taps and gun salutes are for.  The parades are an opportunity for entrepreneurs to sell trinkets and balloons.    :stick: