Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MontaukMonster

Looking to get a new rod wrapper

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

Hey guys I'm fairly new to building rods. I've only built a few on a cheap hand wrapper that was home made.

However I want to take things to the next level and buy a power wrapper.

I was looking at some of mudhole's wrappers, has anyone else used it?

If so how is it? Is it good to use from now on? I don't plan to replace it unless something goes wrong.

Any input or suggestions are appreciated.

thank you.

i use a pac bay wrapper which is the same as the amtak which is the same as the mudhole. pretty much most wrappers out there are the same just with a different name on them. the only 2 that are different are the renzetti and the clemens. i have no problems with it but i suggest you go with the upgraded chuck. eventually i'd like to spring for the renzetti but i dont build enough rods to justify the cost.

Quote:

Originally Posted by i07nyc View Post

i use a pac bay wrapper which is the same as the amtak which is the same as the mudhole. pretty much most wrappers out there are the same just with a different name on them. the only 2 that are different are the renzetti and the clemens. i have no problems with it but i suggest you go with the upgraded chuck. eventually i'd like to spring for the renzetti but i dont build enough rods to justify the cost.

How much would the pac bay cost with the upgraded chuck? I can't seem to find it. I might be google stupid.

i think mudhole sells their own with the chuck upgrade for about $400. like i said its the same machine as the pac bay. if you plan on doing surf rods you should also buy a extra section of bed and another stand. i think it costs about $100 for both.

still using that wrapper i sold you rob. good stuff bud

as for wrappers go. the mudhole is fine to use but like rob said get the upgraded chuck. you can look into anglers choice they have a few nice wrappers as well. but same thing get the upgraded chuck. the wrapper rob has is the one i had before i got my renetti. i only bought the renzetti because my friend was up graded to the new model and i got a pretty sweet deal on it. :D:D:D:D:D:D other wise i would still have my old wrapper

i havent tried it but get the alps upgraded chuck like frank suggested. the reason i say that is because the regular chuck upgrade has a tendency to sometimes loosen up. the alps one has a set screw which should top the loosening.