Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dmony

REDINGTON BUTTER STICK

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

I have the eight foot five weight. I enjoy fishing with it very much but a caveat; I like glass in general and like more full flexing fly rods. They just put a smile on my face when I get a fish on and you can really feel the rod load when casting.

Is it right for you? I would say it really depends on the type of fly rod action you prefer, the type of water you fish and fish you are pursuing.

I think these are a good choice for someone learning to cast because as mentioned you can really feel them load too. One other benefit to the glass like these rods is their ability to protect light tippets. If you fish for trout with two pound tippet these rods will do an excellent job of protecting it from breaking when a fish surges.

If you are fishing a large body of water with a lot of exposure that requires long casts then these probably are not the right choice of rods for you.

thanks for the reply Ive been looking into for exactly what you said i really wanted to feel the fight and to have a rod in my aresonal for smaller streams i think you pretty much sold me on it Thanks for the info i really appreciate it