Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
neildiamond11790

Thule Castaway

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

Recently purchased a vehicle I can take on the beach (finally!!!!) and looking for a thule castaway. I have a question in the buggy forum whether the standard castaway brackets will fit the Nissan round crossbars, but wanted to leave a question here regarding the depth of the castaway. I have Penn 704s, 7000 size Conquer, and probably a VS200 or at most a vs250. Will I have depth issues with those size reels? I know I can just do a ski rack mount but I like the idea of keeping them covered, not advertising, and 1 more level of security. I am completely aware that will not scare off people from stealing but I think the having them covered at least is a slight deterrent.

Thanks again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by neildiamond11790 View Post

Recently purchased a vehicle I can take on the beach (finally!!!!) and looking for a thule castaway. I have a question in the buggy forum whether the standard castaway brackets will fit the Nissan round crossbars, but wanted to leave a question here regarding the depth of the castaway. I have Penn 704s, 7000 size Conquer, and probably a VS200 or at most a vs250. Will I have depth issues with those size reels? I know I can just do a ski rack mount but I like the idea of keeping them covered, not advertising, and 1 more level of security. I am completely aware that will not scare off people from stealing but I think the having them covered at least is a slight deterrent.

Thanks again.

I was looking for one of these a while ago but decided to go for the ski rack. There are a few threads on here where they made a secured frame to deter people. If I can find them I will post them here for you.