Modern Day Robber Barons

Rate this topic

nipsip

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dude View Post

I'd cut the cord to cable entirely if it wasn't for live programming like football.

I have one pipe into the house.  It isnt cable, mainly due to horrible customer service going back many many years.

Not the fastest, and getting more pricey, but imo it beats cable if only in principle.

We have no programming.  Everything is by selection ala cart (hulu netflix, others...)

My kids have never seen a commercial or sitcom.   I prefer it this way.  

I boycotted pro and college sports decades ago.  HS sports are lively.

This was an interesting, bipartisan discussion about something that everyone thinks is terribly wrong. Even Nipsip sounded somewhat Reaganesque in his opening paragragh. Glad Inthered chimed in with some intelligent and thoughtful insight that will further the conversation.

55555s"It ain't going to happen my friend."  

Originally Posted by 55555s View Post

This is a very worthy topic for discussion.  I do think Nipsip (via cut and paste)  has finally hit upon a topic that deserves some discussion.

COmpetition is next to not existant.   Fees and bundles border on absurd.

unlike many repsonders, I dont pretend to know enough to know the answer(s), but imo this one should honestly get more than a once over partisan level dismissal... by either side.

Little not only believes that he "own this ******* place,"  he also believes he is E. F. Hutton reembodied, but thinks he remembers his company's slogan to have been:  

"When E. F. Hutton talks, people [shall] listen."

At my age, just about everything pisses me off!

too big to fail,

too big to compete against....

runs contra to the principles our Country was founded upon.

There you go Frank, echoing Dodd and Frank, the root source of our economic crash. I don't understand your bringing the Contra's into this arguement?

From here:

http://www.theverge.com/2014/2/25/5431382/the-internet-is-****ed

You people LOST.  You and your opinions have been kicked aside.  Nobody cares what the people you plagiarize think anymore, your time is OVER

Nipsip - You can register my double Ditto on Littles comments. Your side ended up as "Road Kill" in the mid term elections. The People have Spoken. They voted against the policies of Obama and the lack of function in the congress because of democrat blockage at the Senate Level. Your hero's are dog dirt. Done, Gone, Over.

You can whine and you can want, but your sided's "lunch" was eaten by young Republicans who were elected in 29 new house seats and 7 to 10 new Senate Seats.

While you were frothing' and slavering from 2010 midterm thru the 2014 midterm your Party, the Democrat Party, has become the Old White Guy Party. Obama, in his lazy stance ignored the needs of your party and those who should have been elected in 2010 and 2014 didn't have a prayer.

Look around, nippy, your hero's have become old white men and women. Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi, Joe Biden, Hillary Rodam Clinton, Barbara Boxer, and all the old time, liberal, progressive has been's were kicked out on Nov. 4, 2014, or showed to be ineffective on the stump. The 2010 midterm cut the cajone's off the young dems who should be you lead to the future and the 2014 debackle, where the President bobbed and weaved, amoungest the faithful ,using the rulew, If he shows up at the airport, I'll support him. The louser's lost because of Obama and the faithful who asked and received help from Bill and Hill also lost.

Their Time is over. Your party is starting to look like the NY Jets. They just won a Monday Night Football Game, yet the NY Newspapers who recognized them all had a banner that read "Rebuilding since 1969".on their front pages. The Last time Bway Joe tossed a touchdown pass was 1969. :naughty:

Dr. Gruber, MIT, Phd. Just threw your crew under the buss with his comments at your team had to lie to get the Obama Care Act passed. Obama paid his $400,000.00 to write the outline for Obama Care. he admits he built in the lies because the average American is stupid.

On Tuesday night, Nov. 4, 2014 those stupid people voted to stop Obama, and his minions before they sink us.

Obama introduced Grubber to the Nation as his spokesman and guru for Obama Care. The Dems forced thru a Christmas Session where not a single Republican voted for an act that was not brought to the floor to be discussed.

In the words of Nancy Pelosi, "Now that it has passed we can sit down and read it;." You and I have witnessed the blockage of a generation of hopeful young Democrat future leaders. Some may recover from the butt kicking they received this past week. But everyone recognize's the losses of 2010 and 2014 gutted your party and its future.

Learn to live with damage to the Democrat Party and the Liberal Wing gifted to you by Obama and the Clinton's.. The short form comment for your party's condition is "Toast" The long form is "Road Kill!"

A' Salud' !

Nipsip - You can register my double Ditto on Littles comments. Your side ended up as "Road Kill" in the mid term elections. The People have Spoken. They voted against the policies of Obama and the lack of function in the congress because of democrat blockage at the Senate Level. Your hero's are dog dirt. Done, Gone, Over.

You can whine and you can wail, but your side was "lunch" for the young Republicans who was elected in 20 new house seats and 7 to 10 new Senate Seats.

While you were frothing and slavering from 2010 midterm thru 2014 midterm your Party, the Democrat Party has become the Old White Guy Party. Obama, in his aggressive stance to ignore the needs of your party and those who should have been elected in 2010 and 2014 didn't.

Look around, nippy, your hero's have become old white men and women. Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi, Joe Biden, Hillary Rodem Clinton, Barbara Boxer, and all the old time, liberal, progressive has beens were kicked out on Nov. 4, 2014, or showed to be ineffective on the stump. The 2010 midterm cut the cajone's off the young dems who should be you lead to the future and the 2014 debackle, where the President bobbed and weaved, amoungest the faithful ,using the rulew, If he shows up at the airport, I'll support him. The louser's lost because of obama and the faithful who asked and received help from Bill and Hill also lost.

Their Time is over. Your party is starting to look like the NY Jets. They just won a Monday Night Football Games, yet the NY Newspapers who recognized them all had a banner that read "Rebuilding since 1969".on their front pages. The Last time Bway Joe tossed a touchdown pass.

Dr. Gruber, MIT, Phd. Just threw your crew under the buss with his comments at your team had to lie to get the Obama Care Act passed. Obama paid his $400,000.00 to write the outline for Obama Care. he admits he built in the lies because the average American i stupid.

On Tuesday night, Nov. 4, 2014 those stupid people voted to stop Obama, and his minions before they sink us.

So.... Are you for or against Net Neutrality?