Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
golden

Boots and rod stolen out of my truck

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

Probably my fault for thinking even the lesser quality stuff is safe in the bed of a pickup. My truck was parked in the big lot in S.Boston, Seaport district, Congress St. Left a 6' Ugly Stick, and a cheap Okuma freshwater reel combo, along with a pair of Frogg Togg studded wading boots in the back of my truck, Friday. Didn't notice Friday night, woke up Saturday morning - noticed they were gone. Figured it was someone passing through the parking lot, looked around, grabbed them, kept going. At least they didn't open the bin in the back and get my waders.

People suck.

Damn this crap makes me crazy.....:mad:....we need to start chopping hands off thieves like they do over in the sandbox....few things worse than a thief....you can't be too careful anywhere these days when it comes to leaving stuff in the bed of a pickup. I basically live in Mayberry, USA (rural Maine) and I know of a guy who was helping his dad put an ice shack out on a lake up here last December....they towed the shanty by four wheeler....gone maybe 10 minutes...he comes back and somebody jacked his ice auger, all his traps and a bunch of other stuff (way over $500 bucks worth) right out of the bed of his truck.....it happens everywhere......:(

GOlden. A bit of stretch. But there security cameras almost everywhere there. Possibility of finding the culprit to another car but i highly doubt as there are a lot of walkers there. FInd the best camera and a cooperative security guard....

Not sure if its worth the hassle but five finger discounts of any kind should be unacceptable

Desperate kids maybe. Our parking setup is at the back of the house and then you got the drive way. Someone was brave enough to walk up the driveway to the back of the house where we park our cars. Open 2 cars (totally our fault) and whoever, made off with all the pocket change in the car. Didn't touch anything else

Probably my fault for thinking even the lesser quality stuff is safe in the bed of a pickup. My truck was parked in the big lot in S.Boston, Seaport district, Congress St. Left a 6' Ugly Stick, and a cheap Okuma freshwater reel combo, along with a pair of Frogg Togg studded wading boots in the back of my truck, Friday. Didn't notice Friday night, woke up Saturday morning - noticed they were gone. Figured it was someone passing through the parking lot, looked around, grabbed them, kept going. At least they didn't open the bin in the back and get my waders.

People suck.

Friggin' juinkie for sure. :dismay:

If I was still living in Southie I could check the gin mills, that's where they usually go to fence them, maggots! :mad:

Friggin' juinkie for sure. :dismay:

If I was still living in Southie I could check the gin mills, that's where they usually go to fence them, maggots! :mad:

Gin mills? Some of the world's finest in Southie.

GOlden. A bit of stretch. But there security cameras almost everywhere there. Possibility of finding the culprit to another car but i highly doubt as there are a lot of walkers there. FInd the best camera and a cooperative security guard....

Not sure if its worth the hassle but five finger discounts of any kind should be unacceptable

I might look into that tomorrow - thanks for the idea.

I will lend you my snoopy rod for the Chu....

How about the weekend after thanksgivng? :D Seriously though, I'll be hitting it a couple times before Dec1.