BrianBM

The new inlet

Rate this topic

49 posts in this topic

Is there a formal, agreed-upon name for the new inlet that Sandy cut through FINS? I was there the other day, I like what it looks like. I've heard a couple of different names.

And now a public service announcement. This is an extremely dangerous location to fish. The rangers cautioned me, when buying my permit, that the edges are not stable and will crumble under your feet. Vehicles are kept a quarter mile or so short of the inlet, with this in mind. I visited a tackle store this a.m. and spoke with a staffer who had a very close call there in exactly that way, the edge crumbled, he went in, and he damn-near was taken out to sea. Bear in mind that there's a deep channel right up against the eastern edge of the inlet; if you go in at all, you're in deep water.

Wear the @%#$&%^*! PFD!! Failing that, please sign an organ donor authorization. It's the honorable thing to do.

Thank you Brian! I and I am sure everyone else appreciates it. I haven't been down there myself but it sounds potentially productive AND potentially lethal at the same time. Be careful out there!

Is there a formal, agreed-upon name for the new inlet that Sandy cut through FINS? I was there the other day, I like what it looks like. I've heard a couple of different names.

And now a public service announcement. This is an extremely dangerous location to fish. The rangers cautioned me, when buying my permit, that the edges are not stable and will crumble under your feet. Vehicles are kept a quarter mile or so short of the inlet, with this in mind. I visited a tackle store this a.m. and spoke with a staffer who had a very close call there in exactly that way, the edge crumbled, he went in, and he damn-near was taken out to sea. Bear in mind that there's a deep channel right up against the eastern edge of the inlet; if you go in at all, you're in deep water.

Wear the @%#$&%^*! PFD!! Failing that, please sign an organ donor authorization. It's the honorable thing to do.

Brian,

I doubt your organs will be transplantable if your laying out at sea, with a few Great White chomps around the gut. But organ doner authorization is one of the few things we can do to make a sad tragic event a positive one for someone else. BTW I'd like to add that the NY blood services is always in the need of donations around the Holidays. I have a relatively rare blood type and always get the calls, it's something to feel good about, without a lot of effort, and there are a lot of kids who need your blood to survive.

Sorry to digress.

Pete

Good digression, though .... the diagnosis that led to the discovery that I'm celiac started with being refused as a donor, for being anemic. Now I can't because I gotta take Coumiden. Otherwise I'm AB+ which isn't common either.

BTW haven't gotten back there to fish seriously, but I will do so tomorrow AM. Give you a call when I'm back.

Brian, good advice! I spoke to our mutual friend, Rich from the Hudson Valley. Told him we might be doing some damage during the first part of may in his area.

He immediately, answered with this finding. There is only one distillery on the isle of Mull. It produces a "Bold yet Sweet," single malt Scots Whiskey called "LADAIG"

at the Tobermory, Distillery.on the Isle of Mull.

He said he would enter into negotiations with the distiller, to be sure he has a bottle of "Ladaig" laid bye for out visit to the North Country, some time in the first two weeks of May, 2015

He pledges his loyalty to you, when you assume your rightful place as the 12th Duke of Mull. He wants to be you "Factor" and mumbled something about "seconds" of your choices of the old right of "prima noctor". Whatever that means??

I'll be your humble "Gilly" whilst driving the Dory and setting the depth of deep set, large herring flies, for big Bass along the route that "Roger's Rangers paddled north to Glory against the French at Quebec during the French & Indian Wars of the 1700's.

Your humble servant,

Bob

Wow, have done the walk down there, didnt think it was so dangerous. Will keep this in mind for the future. I refer to it as the breach.

Yeah.. It's definitely dangerous. Most of the east side just drops off. I am there a couple times a week and depending on the tide, the drop-off could be 2 steps into the water. Also, the sand can just collapse at any moment at the edges.

I can definitely see someone falling in if they are not careful. That water moves real fast around the east side too!

Rich would be a fine Factor, as you will be Ducal Gamekeeper, with unique privileges appurtenant thereto. The right of "ius primae noctis" is more movie than not, I fear, but what the heck - we may have to create it, albeit the claimant in "Braveheart" who used it had a bad time later.

Ur not alowwed to drive past the sign ,your not suppose to be any where near the edge of the inlet,I've never seen a truck anywhere near the inlet or breach as we all call it ,everyone parks by the sign.And it is true about the unstable ground around the inlet especially in the back,I almost fell in once.I call it the breech or breach however you spell it