Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Little

Sure is a different vibe around here

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

as the liberals lash out.

After the mid term elections, only around three in ten legislative seats are held by leftists/Democrats.  Pretty damned amazing.

Notice a change?  I did

After the mid term elections, only around three in ten legislative seats are held by leftists/Democrats.  Pretty damned amazing.

Notice a change?  I did

Trying to remember , think the same thing happened to Bill Clinton, he asked for a majority during his tenure, the people said no.

So are things going to improve now ?

Doubtful, but if you are a happier person today that's probably all right by me. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surf Cat View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little View Post

Notice a change?  I did

Trying to remember , think the same thing happened to Bill Clinton, he asked for a majority during his tenure, the people said no.

Doubtful, but if you are a happier person today that's probably all right by me. smile.gif

They improved for Bill Clinton. The Republican congress delivered him 4 budget surpluses in a row. Clinton was smart enough to hear the American people and work with the Republicans. Obama is gonna stomp his feet, take his toys,  and go home with his fingers in his ears yelling LALALALALALA.

Notice a change?  I did

Doubtful, but if you are a happier person today that's probably all right by me. :)

I thought with a Repub congress pushing him Clinton is given all sorts of credit for all sorts of wonderful things... budget surplus, soaring economy, stock market bubble to all time highs, etc.

Am I wrong?

I thought with a Repub congress pushing him Clinton is given all sorts of credit for all sorts of wonderful things... budget surplus, soaring economy, stock market bubble to all time highs, etc.

Am I wrong?

Surely you mean "...with a Repub congress dragging him along, Clinton..."

Quote:

Originally Posted by hamlet View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Surf Cat View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little View Post

Notice a change?  I did

Doubtful, but if you are a happier person today that's probably all right by me. smile.gif

Am I wrong?

You're right on target.

Quote:

It is equally challenging for anyone reasonable, and not drowning in the syrup of patriotic sentimentality, to stop saluting, and look at the servicemen of the American military with criticism and skepticism. There is a sexual assault epidemic in the military. In 2003, a Department of Defense study found that one-third of women seeking medical care in the VA system reported experiencing rape or sexual violence while in the military. Internal and external studies demonstrate that since the official study, numbers of sexual assaults within the military have only increased, especially with male victims. According to the Pentagon, 38 men are sexually assaulted every single day in the U.S. military. Given that rape and sexual assault are, traditionally, the most underreported crimes, the horrific statistics likely fail to capture the reality of the sexual dungeon that has become the United States military.

That guy that writes for Salon Magazine.  Thats a new vibe.

Roosters crowing nonsense.... unlike the profound messages you post. :laugh:

Well thats a given I fully understand my friend but you stopped short of outright calling me stupid. Thank you for your soft touch.

: - )

Roosters crowing nonsense.... unlike the profound messages you post. :laugh:

Well thats a given I fully understand my friend but you stopped short of outright calling me stupid. Thank you for your soft touch.

: - )

No, I stopped just short of calling the trite nonsense you post here stupid. Whether or not you are stupid, I have no idea but nothing you've posted here since the election has been anything but short, trite meaningless nonsense, so I think it's damned high irony to hear you calling anyone else's posts that.

Just more stupid.

Roosters crowing same nonsense.

Not all mind you but the usual suspects.

These are stealth insults. It works great. You get to cast a wide net that could cover anyone, without actually naming someone.

Then a person who might infer they were one of 'the usual suspects' and responds, usually with a direct insult.

....and we are off.

I prefer the direct insult as opposed to just throwing spaghetti against a wall to see what sticks.