Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
makofisherman

Small bay boat

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

If you can find any boat that floats, has an engine that starts and comes with a trailer that still has both wheels for $1,000, buy it 'cause you probably won't find two of them.

I'm looking for a small bay/sound boat but only have 1,000 any recommendations on what I should get???

Only thing I can say is avoid Aluminum boats for the bay. They are great boats but the chop will tend to beat you up because the boats are so light. Believe me. Something inexpensive fiber works fine. I would look for used from a dealer, not from private.

Save some more money. Dont be cheap with boats. You buy a cheap used motor it can cost you more in the long run. I speak from experience. I recommend look for good trailer / hull deal and purchase a solid new/ used outboard from a dealer that will back up its performance. Good luck.

One thousand is a good deposit. on a small used boat. look around? For what your looking for, I would say 2500 to 5000 USED Don't forget what boat stands for ? BOAT ( brake out another thousand)