Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bgrocki

Just getting started

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

hey guys,

Im just getting into surf fishing for bass, I've fished fluke and tuna off of a boat for many years but fishing from the surf is a whole new world to me.  If anyone could offer any advice on what to look for as far as structure to fish, what plugs to use, etc. any information is greatly appreciated. 

-Brandon

Hey Brandon welcome. I'm not trying to give you the obligatory "use the search function" but look up the thread "reading the water". Incredible knowledge there. I've been surf fishing for a few years now and I still go back and read the thread in the winter to try and pick up info I missed before!

Hey Brandon , shoot me a PM I'll be happy to help. l will get back to you asap heading into work right now.

Yes. Can you read my PMs at least ?
yes I can read them just don't have an option to reply

Hey Brandon welcome. I'm not trying to give you the obligatory "use the search function" but look up the thread "reading the water". Incredible knowledge there. I've been surf fishing for a few years now and I still go back and read the thread in the winter to try and pick up info I missed. Sounds good wI'll definitely take a look at those thank you

hey guys,

Im just getting into surf fishing for bass, I've fished fluke and tuna off of a boat for many years but fishing from the surf is a whole new world to me.  If anyone could offer any advice on what to look for as far as structure to fish, what plugs to use, etc. any information is greatly appreciated. 

-Brandon

Check this out

http://www.stripersonline.com/t/417339/reading-the-water/0_100

Sorry didn't want to seem like a jerk. Many folks here are willing to help and want too. Some folks only reply with "use the search function" lol

Check this out

http://www.stripersonline.com/t/417339/reading-the-water/0_100

Sorry didn't want to seem like a jerk. Many folks here are willing to help and want too. Some folks only reply with "use the search function" lol

it's all good I appreciate it, thank you... I'm new to this whole forum thing as well though so I didn't really know there was a search bar that I could use either lol

Brandon,

First welcome ashore, doing the bass thing from the beach is a different game than doing the boat thing, and at least for me I think I have become a better hunter for making that transition. That isn't saying much but I think it's a testament to the sharpness one must develop to be successful bass guy from the suds.

http://www.stripersonline.com/t/657824/read-this-reading-the-beach-quiz-thread

Start here, search rich trox also recently did another good video about reading the beach try searching for him . Being able to see and read the soft structure is an art and a game that challenges anyone who fishes the open sand. It's a relative and very person thing and success is directly correlated to time spent walking the sand.

Hard structure aka jetties, groins, rock piles although more obvious in their physical presence present no less of a challenge to conquer.

Time spent fishing is invaluable and success can not only be measure in fish caught or lbs of fish caught. You must strive to learn something even if it is a place not to fish.

Maybe the only advice I might be able to offer is stay at it , don't get discouraged because of lack of results.

I think a lot better fisherman than myself would agree that the bass are not in a good place and catching them outside of blitz and other ideal conditions have become more difficult.

Have patience and results are surely to come you way,

Again welcome aboard and tight lines