Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MikeM58

Had a Great Time in Memphis

Rate this topic

33 posts in this topic

Spent Friday through Monday in Memphis this past weekend. Great time. Graceland, Sun Records, Stax Records, Beale Street and lots of BBQ. If you're a music lover and a BBQ fan, it's a fun town. Be careful though, some pretty rough neighborhoods.

Clarksdale's a short ride south. Did you make it down there?

No, but I would have liked to. I stayed at the Westin right next to Beale. Most everything I did was within walking distance. There's a free shuttle that runs between Stax, Sun and Graceland, so that made things easy. Hit the Gibson Guitar factory that was right next door. Walked over to the Civil rights museam and saw the motel where Dr. King got shot. Had a really good time.

No, but I would have liked to. I stayed at the Westin right next to Beale. Most everything I did was within walking distance. There's a free shuttle that runs between Stax, Sun and Graceland, so that made things easy. Hit the Gibson Guitar factory that was right next door. Walked over to the Civil rights museam and saw the motel where Dr. King got shot. Had a really good time.

yeah, I've been there a couple of times. Like you said earlier, keep your eyes open. There's a lot of seedy areas in that town, specially near Graceland. Did you see the ducks at the Peabody? :)

Clarksdale is the ****, if you're into the blues.

yeah, I've been there a couple of times. Like you said earlier, keep your eyes open. There's a lot of seedy areas in that town, specially near Graceland. Did you see the ducks at the Peabody? :)

Clarksdale is the ****, if you're into the blues.

I'd like to hit Clarksdale next time I'm down that way. I forget how much I like the Blues until I hear it played well. ;) My fiancee made me go to the Paebody for the Duck thing. I had never heard about it. Barely saw the ducks there were so many people there! Couldn't get to the lobby bar for a drink. I was shocked it was that big a deal until they started talking about the history of it. Still, I can't see getting there 2 hours early (which is what it would have taken to get a seat on Saturday) to see a 5 minute duck show! It's off my bucket list now! LOL

Spent Friday through Monday in Memphis this past weekend. Great time. Graceland, Sun Records, Stax Records, Beale Street and lots of BBQ. If you're a music lover and a BBQ fan, it's a fun town. Be careful though, some pretty rough neighborhoods.

No trip to Rangemaster? Tom Givens is a legend :)

:v: