Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gobigblue

squidder handle plate seized

Rate this topic

18 posts in this topic

Hey guys, im working on a squidder project having a hard time getting the handle sideplate off. Ive broken down everything else fairly easily just looking for tips on how to get the sideplate off. Im considering gently using needlenose pliers in the free spool hole and gear hole and trying to turn it left, its soaking right now in a simple green solution I havent gotten aggressive with it yet.

Also im assuming its turning counterclockwise like every other squidder ive opened? Fyi its an old 145 righty

I just experimented with that the other day.

Had a busted sideplate and just for ##### and giggles decided to see if the metal trim could be removed

Pulled those tiny pins out with a pair of pliers and attempted to pry off the trim - it did not go well, lots of chipping along the plastic. Never did get it off.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gobigblue View Post

So weird since literally every other piece of the reel can be taken apart to be cleaned or replaced

I may have some new side plates. I know I have the 2-200 rings that accept the plates.

I may have some new side plates. I know I have the 2-200 rings that accept the plates.

one can never have too many squidder sideplates, how much do you want for them? assuming you want to list them in the BST, I don't want to break any rules or anything.

You can determine the model by measuring the width of the spool. Look the numbers up on SOL, there is an old thread with everything. If it has a 140 sideplate then it was converted. 

I'll look for side plates. I know I have the 2-200 chromed rings that the side plate locks into and most other chromed parts. I also change the screws to SS. I get them from McCallister online.

I'm not selling them here per the rules. I just send them free.

No side plates for the Suidder reels. Only the 2-200 rings. If yours is all corroded I'll send you one for free.