Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
albacized

Eagles - Panthers

Rate this topic

33 posts in this topic

When Cam Newton is immobile (due to some injury), he's not very good - even though Coach Gruden is trying to play up his performance on the few occasions he does make a good throw

Between last night and tonight, the two prime time games have had one team beating the other at half time by a combined score of 73 to 7...suckage
Agreed. Not that entertaining when the game's over before halftime.

Sanchez had a nice game, but all of the symptoms are still there. Throws to nobody, some inaccurate throws and streaks of great play/poor play. There was no pressure on him from the Panthers last night at all, making it easy for him. I wish him the best away from the Jets, but he's still Mark Sanchez.

There was no pressure on him from the Panthers last night at all, making it easy for him.

This was something about last year's Eagles team that a lot of people missed, but that all the injuries they've had this year have made clearer: this Eagles offensive line, when healthy and firing on all cylinders, is a real force, and can be a game-changer. It is a reason (perhaps the reason) why the team has been successful since Chip Kelly got there.

You saw it last night, even without Herremans: on a couple of those plays, Sanchez could have gotten a bloagie in the pocket, he had so much time. The Panthers are not exactly the reincarnation of the 1962 Packers, but their defense is supposed to be decent, and the Eagles O-Line handled them easily.

This will be a fun week for Eagles fans. We should savor it, because I figger that the Birds are gonna get creamed in Green Bay.

it is when its your team blowing out the other team :)

not really. As an Eagles fan, the only thing that could have made the game more boring is if the Eagles were losing big like that,.

And as much as I enjoyed scorning Jeffy Boy, the Eagles organization, and Eagles fans in particular (especially here :D) I have to admit that Chip Kelly has gotten me on the Eagles bandwagon again. I never thought I'd say this, but I've been watching the games, and enjoying them, because Kelly's teams are fun to watch.

And as much as I enjoyed scorning Jeffy Boy, the Eagles organization, and Eagles fans in particular (especially here :D) I have to admit that Chip Kelly has gotten me on the Eagles bandwagon again. I never thought I'd say this, but I've been watching the games, and enjoying them, because Kelly's teams are fun to watch.

Generally speaking, I agree, they are usually fun to watch. but, last night the outcome was never in doubt less than halfway through the game. Games like that I lose interest in. Even when it is my team on the winning end

not really. As an Eagles fan, the only thing that could have made the game more boring is if the Eagles were losing big like that,.

we wont agree....I enjoyed the defense mostly......5 turnovers, 9 sacks and more pressure than ive seen from them in a long time. They have been getting lots of pressure since the SF game. im still not sold on coach gadget but im getting closer. they need to get the running game going, if they do, watch out.

one thing im enjoying is jets fans praying and h oping sanchez bombs out here also. He might, who knows, but tis fun to watch jets fans.

imagine that the bandwagon filling up as they win games, predictable.