Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ASrod

Good surf rod under $75

Rate this topic

18 posts in this topic

I want to get a 9 foot surf rod to match a Penn Battle 5000 for bucktailing, plugs like sp minnow, bottle plugs and bombers and pencil poppers. I am looking into the Tsunami Sapphire XT or maybe the Tsunami Trophy or Star Aerial 9ft surf rod. I have a $40 gift card so I don't want to spent more than $30 out of pocket.

Thanks

If you find some sales; since this is the time of the year where stores will try to move their old product....Star Stellar Lite, Penn Spinfisher, Tsunami Airwave(for plugs), Tsunami Trophy(for bait).

I'd definitely suggest looking into used rods.  You'll get a whole lot more 'bang for your buck'.  I've been able to get rods that were $200-350(+) new, for under $80 used.

I don't get it...

If I were buying it as a present, it would have to be new.

If I am buying it for myself, I can buy five times as much stuff, by buying 'pre-owned.'

Your money, your choice.

You can feel good about your purchase, if it is POSSIBLE to sell it for more than you paid.

That doesn't mean you have to sell it, it just means that you bought wisely.

I've used the star 9ft with a Penn SSM 750 for about 5 years now and I have no complaints. I think it is a good rod for the money. I have some expensive saint croix and various fly rods that are great, but their is something to be said about a rod that you don't mind beating the crap out of. It's one setup I always have in the car.:D

The silver Tica, can't recall the model name - TC2, I think - is excellent for the money - around $60.

is this it? I've only seen these on line they look interesting. Is that a split handle or a silver wrap?