Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mike3dr

Is it Over

Rate this topic

215 posts in this topic

Well here's the thing---this weekend there were fish still moving on the east end.

About sixty trucks chasing birds. There is still bait moving---so there is still fish.

I had ten bass ---but all were small. The guy next me pulled in a 20lber. Go figure?:D

So----if you can devote time,because being there when the fish are moving is a timely proposition---you probably have another two weeks left of fishing, easily.

If you believe what the pundits are saying--many believe that we'll be seeing fish until mid December.

Some-although I don't know how they derive this information,seem to feel that we might get a late sand eel bite---I'll believe that when I see it.

I think that you'll see a few weeks more of fish heading west. The water is warm and the weather is pretty mild.

December 4 2006--Herring on the beach fish into the 40's, blues to almost 20, first light till dark. 50 + keepers biggest 49". Next day couple of 30's. This year is similar, it ain't even close to over!:wee:

December 4 2006--Herring on the beach fish into the 40's, blues to almost 20, first light till dark. 50 + keepers biggest 49". Next day couple of 30's. This year is similar, it ain't even close to over!:wee:

From your mouth to GOD's ears.:)

Today I had the morning free to fish on the east end. Overall a better day to walk the beach (w/ your dog if you are a retire senior) than to fish it. I did find some rats in deep water next to the beach, but otherwise it was quiet. As I was catching those rats the phrase "is it over" popped into my head as those fish reminded me of the ones I catch after Thanksgiving. With the size of the fish I caught today and the cold weather that is coming later in the week, I do think it is over. I hope i am wrong as in the past I have caught quality fish thru Nov. Tomorrow morning I am going to the NoFo hoping that the season looks better up there…..

Quote:

Originally Posted by NightTide View Post

About where are you guys fishing south fork, hamptons I cant find the fish I dont mean to spot burn.

I did pretty well today, fished from 2-6:30pm, a lot of rats with a few keepers mixed in, 8-10lbers, also saw plenty of small baitfish.  Try to find some deeper water and fish with bigger plugs to help weed out some of the small ones.

Its far from over. The bays are still LOADED with quality fish and tons of bait! After getting alot of rats on the beach I tried the back bays and getting a bunch of nice fish the last 3 nights. There on small baits. 1/2oz jig head and bass assassins just like its spring