Breezy Point: Fish according to TIDES or TIMES in November?

Rate this topic

paspar2

Quote:
Originally Posted by G from Brooklyn View Post

Oh, and I definitely am going to start making friends. Contrary to what I was expecting, folks have been very friendly.

Bring Chocolate chip cookies or Mallomars you can be my friend ...I'll tell you where all the fish are on the South Shore.

If it has fins i want to catch it 

Hardly a spot burn. In the book 100 Best Stiper Spots, FD lists Breezy. I suspect the info is all based on the Jetty performance in the 1980's when it was over the top fishing. Now it's random and the jetty is about 100 yards shorter, not to mention that the Feds sell 500 4X4 Gateway passes and another few hundred overnight parking passes, all coming with instructions regarding where to park, drive and fish. Anyway the Mallomars would be a good start but truth serum ( AKA Beer / Boose ) goes a longer way and loosens up the tongue. You may get some really good SS info. :D

Every year, without fail, the newspapers have a story with pictures) of some jerks being rescued from the Breezy Point jetty by the Coast Guard.

You are supposed to fish OUTGOING water at the mouth of any inlet. These guys fished incoming water, and the middle of the jetty became submerged.

How do you keep a spot secret, that is in the newspapers every year?

><))))))))))@>
*AMMODYTE*

Hardly a spot burn. In the book 100 Best Stiper Spots, FD lists Breezy. I suspect the info is all based on the Jetty performance in the 1980's when it was over the top fishing. Now it's random and the jetty is about 100 yards shorter, not to mention that the Feds sell 500 4X4 Gateway passes and another few hundred overnight parking passes, all coming with instructions regarding where to park, drive and fish. Anyway the Mallomars would be a good start but truth serum ( AKA Beer / Boose ) goes a longer way and loosens up the tongue. You may get some really good SS info. :D

I love that book and have every one of Frank Daignault's books but as you said the relative "hotness" of many of the spots mentioned in that book are dated and they're a mere shadow of themselves today.

<p><p></p></p>

Darter Man

To your point many are dated.

One listed in Ct is the dam up near Enfield which is right off the highway. Not sure w/o looking it up but I think May was supposed to be prime. Anyway I'm driving by and decide to check it out with my jacket and tie on. 1/2 mile east of the highway, left then left onto a dirt road to the parking area and river edge...now that's a spotburn ! The water was moving so fast and the rapids so big I would bet nothing short of Godzilla could make headway in that water. Like class ten rapids if there was such a thing. So it's not just the spot. It's everything else too, all of which comes to timing.

Never the less weather a spot burn or not. I don't care how many of u have been fishing that jetty. In any event I have most likely know more than most of you by face. As well as u might know mine. I have been in that jetty since I was about 17 years old. It is can get hairy on there. Know the water and when u can push out and when u can't. And it would be smart to wear a P.F.D and a waterproof strive light in the event u get swept off and if u have a I phone or any other phone compatible with a waterproof case that would be smart. As for catching fish figure it out yourself go fish

Treblemaker nailed it. This is one very dangerous jetty when conditions kick up. Incoming on a SE wind is generally as bad as it can be on those rocks. Watch the JS videos on jetties and rockpiles. He's wearing a PFD and safety light and he is about experienced as it gets.

There are more rescues off this jetty every year than you have fingers. I like the sand myself.

I remember Frank Keating writing about the Breezy Point jetty forty years ago in the old Long Island Press (not the current paper of that name.) There is no spot less capable of being burned then that one.

The last time I looked the midsection of the jetty was distinctly lower then the end, which is one of the features that got people in trouble. Is that still the case?

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianBM View Post

I remember Frank Keating writing about the Breezy Point jetty forty years ago in the old Long Island Press (not the current paper of that name.) There is no spot less capable of being burned then that one.

The last time I looked the midsection of the jetty was distinctly lower then the end, which is one of the features that got people in trouble. Is that still the case?

Lower post Sandy than before, just past the "pointed shape" rock. You'll know it when you look.

I have not been past that spot since I was sixteen years old.

As a spot burn it's like trying to burn the T-Jetty "down at the shaw" or the Rips at "The Hook"