Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
paspar2

Breezy Point: Fish according to TIDES or TIMES in November?

Rate this topic

30 posts in this topic

Thanks for the tips re: tides and times. 

I am new to saltwater fishing, so I'm sure I'm reading the beach wrong and making other mistakes.

And thanks to the guy who kindly PM'd me with his thoughts! I don't have permissions to send PM's for some reason. But I wanted to say thanks!

The fish can show at Breezy at any time. There is not much structure on the beach itself. I like the pocket around high water give or take 2 hours. This area is influenced by the inlet so it has more current than Tilden or Riis.

This time of year you need a network of fishing friends

Unfortunately by the time you get info on here it's a day or two old and to specific spots and times

Don t get me wrong a good fisherman fish areas he knows hold fish at certain times or tides but when you get a call from your buddy getting fish in another area you pack up and leave or work that area the next day

Guys that fish almost everyday know there beaches or areas in the ocean with there patterns plus the network of friends

If I called u telling you I got fish on a certain beach from 7 am to 10 am yesterday on only clams u go today 8 am to 11 am

fishing was a solitary sport you reaped what you sowed………..and enjoyed it that way……..the internet and phone ruined that ….so when you get spot burned and mugged…you know why:mad:

To be a good fisherman work the areas early for you to fish closes to home it takes years to be a great fisherman you need friends to call the bite is on now

You are not burning spots if you have a hand fully of close buddies you talk to on a weekly bases

One think to help out for fluke or bass from the beach use bing maps birds eye view it gives you a better picture of your favorite beach

Back to g from Brooklyn I goto a high point with your car get out binoculars and scope for birds diving and goto that area of beach that early in the morning that what I do I rather drive up and down roads with my car searching than goto beach with pole and walk 2 miles

If no birds are diving look for the diving black birds ( forgot the name )that swim in groups of 3 or better they dive on bait that fish aren t attack but if the two groups meet up boom!

so now you know theres bait on that beach

Last seagulls just sitting in large groups on the water they are waiting for the blitz to start might be any hour or a half day from when you

there know

These are just my opinions

fishing was a solitary sport you reaped what you sowed………..and enjoyed it that way……..the internet and phone ruined that ….so when you get spot burned and mugged…you know why:mad:

Years ago you had more time to fish and little regs and the water where full of fish

Today little time little fish and limits with size requirements

You need friends

Also if you are on a beach and a blitz starts 90% of the time there's no more than 5 to 10 guys on the blitz from the beach it bothers you to fish with those hand full of guys and 1 of them might be rude or doesn't know the "rules" I ll tell them to give me and the others space and usually he agrees

On the other hand via boat you got 5 boats working a blitz and you will always get that a***hole that drives ride of the blitz and kills the whole bite that were I get pissed

Thanks guys. I hit the beach today (not Breezy), and just the pieces of advice I've gotten here from all you have already helped. I move up and down the beach more, talking to other fishermen, and I traveled lighter. Just a handful of plugs and bucktails.

I also paid really good attention to what was happening in the water. I saw some movement on the surface, cast out just past it. And I think on the second cast and retrieve through the area, I hit a 16" striper.

Released him... And man, what a fun morning.

I did start the fishing two-plus hours before high tide, and the bite came about 1/2 hour before peak high tide... 

Needless to stay, I started work with a smile on my face this afternoon.

So thanks guys! 

I can't wait for this cold front to hit and to be dragging my neoprene covered @$$ up and down the beaches...

Thanks again.  

LOL. A shorty, and I'm stoked...

Rookies are funny, right?

Years ago you had more time to fish and little regs and the water where full of fish

Today little time little fish and limits with size requirements

You need friends

Also if you are on a beach and a blitz starts 90% of the time there's no more than 5 to 10 guys on the blitz from the beach it bothers you to fish with those hand full of guys and 1 of them might be rude or doesn't know the "rules" I ll tell them to give me and the others space and usually he agrees

On the other hand via boat you got 5 boats working a blitz and you will always get that a***hole that drives ride of the blitz and kills the whole bite that were I get pissed

like to know how i had more time to fish… and i guess you were there that the water was full of fish…..we need regs to protect the fish from the people with phones who only goal is to take fish nothing has changed except the numbers of fishers…..once upon a time there were only a few casters who had respect to your area that you are using today on a nice day it is as if macys is having a sale so many vechiles and most of the time when there is a blitz it is blues on the ss

You I met all of us

The man of the house worked in the neighborhood with no commute worked only 40 to 50 per week the wife stayed home took care of the home and kids

Kids played in the street all happy

Today both parents work long hours commute is 1 to 2 hours depending on traffic

Weekends and nights are spent take kids to after school active because we are afraid to let the walk take bike or a bus staying at practices and games

Those week nights are taken away to help your spouse and kids

Your weekends are spent with family on the courts or fields

Now the more fish theory

More people eat fish today than 30 years ago "health kick" I guess commercial fisherman did the supply and demand

Government looked the other way

Fast forward 30 plus years a lot less fish

I hope this explains my previous post

I apologize if I made u upset but that what the situation we have today no time and no fish

Rip

Whiting

Sheapsheads

Blowfish

Cod

Flounder

Lobsters

Hudson herring

We miss u from our local waters in nyc

We got a bit off track here but so what, it's all good feedback. Regarding Breezy, especially nearer to the jetty. Most days from March to December in the late afternoon you will have a bunch of Brooklyn Jet Ski guys jumping waves and screwing up any pre sundown bite. Be prepared to put up with that. Rare when they don't show up.

Your earlier post just proved that….. Unbelieveable