Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bobber

Elite4X-HDI- which transducer??

5 posts in this topic

getting a simple fishing kayak together and want to put a FF unit on board

not sure which transducer to go with- this will be for (very) shallow water use in tidal rivers and coves. and mounting the transducer could be interesting too.........?

thanks for any advice

Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobber View Post

getting a simple fishing kayak together and want to put a FF unit on board

not sure which transducer to go with- this will be for (very) shallow water use in tidal rivers and coves. and mounting the transducer could be interesting too.........?

thanks for any advice

Bob

They also have kits on ACK Austin City Kayak

I have the lowrance sonar Hd model With gps went with the better transducer I can see 2 crabs f**king in 40 feet of water

Mounting it wasn't t a issue the hobie pa has a mount in the hull from the factory

I'm not a big fan of drilling holes in kayaks but to get good readings u drill it or mount it on the side of kayak

I bought mine on sale thru Amazon great little machine 4 inch the 5 inch was $200 more at the time not worth it for 1 inch

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyhobie View Post

I have the lowrance sonar Hd model With gps went with the better transducer I can see 2 crabs f**king in 40 feet of water

Mounting it wasn't t a issue the hobie pa has a mount in the hull from the factory

I'm not a big fan of drilling holes in kayaks but to get good readings u drill it or mount it on the side of kayak

I bought mine on sale thru Amazon great little machine 4 inch the 5 inch was $200 more at the time not worth it for 1 inch

I'd like to see that!