Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Striper46

New run AS bags??

Rate this topic

49 posts in this topic

Anyone have a new run bag? If so are they better then its predecessor as far as hook proofing?

I spoke to them and they say it is. They said it's made of 9oz marine grade cloth (sailcloth?), is this what gear up and mak bags are made of?

I looked at all the new fancy bags but they do nothing for me and are huge n pricey as hell. Thanks!

buying multiple cheaper bags over time that fall apart and frustrate you ends up being more expensive than buying a high-quality bag once and being done with it.

I dont envision new aquaskins bags being snag proof

buying multiple cheaper bags over time that fall apart and frustrate you ends up being more expensive than buying a high-quality bag once and being done with it.

I dont envision new aquaskins bags being snag proof

same here. It will be a long before I give crapquaskins some of my money.

I honestly would buy one but I do not like them, the 3 tube is double the size of the AS 3 tubes bags(talking Mak & gear up) and there 2 tube gear up has no storage and mak u can't even get cause the owner fell off the face of the earth.

The elite hunter & commando don't make anything in that size either

I use aqua skinz bags. I have had issues with them I purchased a small pouch which broke apart in one season at clasp. In regard to the material it is not snag proof. I don't mean to tell you how to fish but...... I pinch down every hook I fish with first thing out of the package, I crush the barb. Its better for the fish, if you stick the hook into the bag (such an aqua skinz it comes out with out destroying the bag. Beside by pinching the barbs you can insure that you wont wind up hooked to an angry bass or worse a very angry blue. That being said the eel point, mak etc. are great bags......Someday

Hooks usually get hung up on the inner flap of the cheaper bags but there is a fix using Plastic -Dip and the instructions are in a thread on this website. I did it for my 3 tube and never had a problem after that. The bag is 5yrs old now.

In my book, snagging hooks in your bag is reason enough to not use it.

It's not like it happens every time i go into the bag, I would says it's only gone pass the barb 5 times in 5 years

I use aqua skinz bags. I have had issues with them I purchased a small pouch which broke apart in one season at clasp. In regard to the material it is not snag proof. I don't mean to tell you how to fish but...... I pinch down every hook I fish with first thing out of the package, I crush the barb. Its better for the fish, if you stick the hook into the bag (such an aqua skinz it comes out with out destroying the bag. Beside by pinching the barbs you can insure that you wont wind up hooked to an angry bass or worse a very angry blue. That being said the eel point, mak etc. are great bags......Someday

When did you buy ur bag?

Hooks usually get hung up on the inner flap of the cheaper bags but there is a fix using Plastic -Dip and the instructions are in a thread on this website. I did it for my 3 tube and never had a problem after that. The bag is 5yrs old now.

I remember reading it but can't local it again, if you see it post the thread name. Thanks!!

I've got MAK, Ebbpoint, VS dacron, AS Hunter Elite, and other bags...the AS Hunter Elite has no problems with hook hanging, so I can't complain about that... but their Hunter Elite bags are heavier than other sailcloth options, which would be my complaint.

I think the mistake AS made was selling their standard AS nylon line of bags and accessories, which do have 'hooking' issues and poor quality...and everyone associates with AS in general. Those and the Hunter Elite line are NOT comparable at all.

Not sure what the new AS sailcloth line will be, but figure it'll be similar to every other sailcloth manufacturer bag out there now.

The bags I am talking about are the exact same AS bags but about 8 months ago they change the material they use to make the bag. Now supposedly stronger and slightly more expensive 15-30% I think. Thanks

I've got MAK, Ebbpoint, VS dacron, AS Hunter Elite, and other bags...the AS Hunter Elite has no problems with hook hanging, so I can't complain about that... but their Hunter Elite bags are heavier than other sailcloth options, which would be my complaint.

I think the mistake AS made was selling their standard AS nylon line of bags and accessories, which do have 'hooking' issues and poor quality...and everyone associates with AS in general. Those and the Hunter Elite line are NOT comparable at all.

Not sure what the new AS sailcloth line will be, but figure it'll be similar to every other sailcloth manufacturer bag out there now.

The sailcloth statement I made was more of a question then a statement , they told me it was 9oz marine grade cloth and I said like sailcloth and they said yes.

The sailcloth statement I made was more of a question then a statement , they told me it was 9oz marine grade cloth and I said like sailcloth and they said yes.

Maybe they're upgrading their 'standard / low end' line, which are the one's that have problems.