Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cortez The Killie Killer

The Chinese Laundry... "You Pic Up!"

Rate this topic

38 posts in this topic

Went to the dry cleaner on Saturday to pick up stuff that I had dropped off a while ago. As soon as Mrs. Ho looked at the ticket she said: " This old ticket! You pic up!" I asked that they look for my clothing. "Ticket too old... We give to Good Will!" A cashmere overcoat, 1 suit (both Hicky Freeman ) & 3 good sweaters --- dumped off at Good Will because I was 8 days past the "We no longer responsible policy." I still asked them to look. They show me racks --- & there were orders there from over a year ago --- & they never donated that stuff! I pointed that out --- they stopped looking. "You keep voice down. You disturb other customers." "I call police --- you Probblom!" After waiting 30 mins, my clothing suddenly appeared! I told her, don't you owe me an apology --- "NO! You get out!"

"You are a miserable Ho who has dishonored the Ho name! as I left.

I have bags of clothes that I want to donate to good will, but need to clean them. So you think that I should simply drop them off at Ho's?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cortez The Killie Killer View Post

As are Nail saloons

But this Ho is Chinese!

No, nail salons are vietnamese. You should have caughed on them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HopHead View Post

More Seinfeld reflecting reality......I bet that stuff would've ended up in one of their closets.

Ohhh seinfeld, why did i think curb hmmm.

More Seinfeld reflecting reality......I bet that stuff would've ended up in one of their closets.

I avoided this conclusion because I retained hope and faith in a business that I give some decent clothing to. I accepted a portion of the fault in that I left the stuff there for a while, not for any other reason than I wasn't using it and forgot about it. But for them to immediately say that the items were not there and that someone picked them up, without even looking and then becoming combative when I insisted that we look, leads me to conclude that they are thieves. 20 mins of angry conversation between the 2 Hos & suddenly she appeared with my stuff!

I avoided this conclusion because I retained hope and faith in a business that I give some decent clothing to. I accepted a portion of the fault in that I left the stuff there for a while, not for any other reason than I wasn't using it and forgot about it. But for them to immediately say that the items were not there and that someone picked them up, without even looking and then becoming combative when I insisted that we look, leads me to conclude that they are thieves. 20 mins of angry conversation between the 2 Hos & suddenly she appeared with my stuff!

20 mins must have been long enough for them to have someone run home and retrieve them from their closet!

I worked for an Oriental woman at a deli. They're tough as nails and will tell you how it is.

She stood up for me once when a drunkard came in one morning for a BLT. I made it just like I made all the BLT's. Handful of lettuce, 3 slices of tomato and 4 slices of bacon with a shmere of mayo. The dude came back in all belligerent, screaming at me that I didn't put any T on his BLT. She asked him for the sandwich and said "Look, it right here, you tell me you see no T, I see right here. You get out!! Leave and don't come back."

I summed it up, she said a lot more than that and they even exchanged some profanities. Made my day. The short little woman was a bulldog.

I wouldn't even mess with the people at the cleaners. You're asking for trouble.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cortez The Killie Killer View Post

Went to the dry cleaner on Saturday to pick up stuff that I had dropped off a while ago. As soon as Mrs. Ho looked at the ticket she said: " This old ticket! You pic up!" I asked that they look for my clothing. "Ticket too old... We give to Good Will!" A cashmere overcoat, 1 suit (both Hicky Freeman ) & 3 good sweaters --- dumped off at Good Will because I was 8 days past the "We no longer responsible policy." I still asked them to look. They show me racks --- & there were orders there from over a year ago --- & they never donated that stuff! I pointed that out --- they stopped looking. "You keep voice down. You disturb other customers." "I call police --- you Probblom!" After waiting 30 mins, my clothing suddenly appeared! I told her, don't you owe me an apology --- "NO! You get out!"

"You are a miserable Ho who has dishonored the Ho name! as I left.

I have bags of clothes that I want to donate to good will, but need to clean them. So you think that I should simply drop them off at Ho's?

0.jpg