Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Storch

"Civil Asset Forfeiture" what a catch " ;-)

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/police-use-department-wish-list-when-deciding-which-assets-to-seize/ar-AA7muBH

My yesterdays catch of a 16 lbs corvina put me in a better mood.

It was a hard charging fish. The medium size fish often fight harder

than the large ones. I gave it back his freedom; I just wished

I could have taken a picture of the guy who could not beleive it!

That was an excellent Sunday. Now I just read how to further my

chances of success by joining the police force.

I'm looking for a long time for a Boston - Whaler - Boat,

100000 dollar wheels and some serious cash

to get out to the ones who got away. The big ones!

"Private Asset Forfeiture" seems to be the right tool for it!

Heh Storch so what happens if I am driving my rental car in the USA and my passenger happens to be smoking a naughty cigarette or has an amount considered big enough to be dealing. Can the Police take the rental companies car off me?

I need to be careful who I give rides to in the future if this is the case.:)

Mike

The cops all over America are using this law for corrupt reasons and for funding their own private agendas. This is not meant to be used against average citizens or kids caught with a dime bag. It was meant to be used against drug cartels and big time dealers. Once again we get the shaft by our own government

Yup, this kind of thing is exactly the reason.

Innocent before proven guilty - yeah right

presumption of innocence

Definition from Nolo’s Plain-English Law Dictionary

One of the most sacred principles in the American criminal justice system, holding that a defendant is innocent until proven guilty. In other words, the prosecution must prove, beyond a reasonable doubt, each essential element of the crime charged.

Agree with all posters. Note that this is NOT the PG forum, so if anyone wishes to delve further into the (vast) subject of police abuse of the citizenry, do it in Political Graffiti and not here.

I knew a guy that owned a video store back in the day. Flashy guy, making big money at $3.00 a day rentals, had a couple of cars, Vette, and this ol beater Chevy, his first car. Got popped with one too many under his belt...cop followed him home, arrested him in his driveway. He was driving the beater Chevy, but they seized the Vette in the garage. How, I don't know, but they did. He eventually was offered the chance to buy it back from them, and he did. The cops do what they want, and it is up to you to fight to get your stuff back. Oh yea, cops were no longer welcome in his business, which sucked for them, as he was the only game in town. Why don't more folks follow his lead, and cold shoulder those imposing the draconian rules?