Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ben Gardner

Cast pro blanks anyone use them?

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Gardner View Post

i am looking to build a new surf pole bait casting and was wondering if any one has used a Cast pro Tommy farmer blank I was looking at the 10' 1-4 1 piece.

Thanks Ben

i have not used that blank. however the 11 3-6 and the 12 3-7 i have handled. but did not cast. i thought they were awesome blanks for the money.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hystyk1921 View Post

which blank do you have?

I had the 10' 1 - 4 oz.  I just sold it.  It was the factory built spinning rod.  I fished it with a 710Z bail-less.  The rod was light, casted well, the reel certainly felt heavy with such a light rod.  It had enough back bone to bring in a stingray that made several runs.  I can't compare the distance - that's the only rod I've used that reel on.  I'll be building a FSC 1266 for it shortly and can compare afterwards.

I have the 10' also. it's 2 piece rod. 2 and 3oz sweet spot. I haven't caught anything over a 27" drum on it I also have the 11' CCP 3 to 6oz and the CCP 12' 3 to 7. If I was going to be throwing 5 and 6oz weights I would get the 12'-3 to 7, Fished today with it throwing 6oz all day. If throwing 4 and 5oz get the 11' 3 to 6oz. If I had to choose one rod to cover the most situations it would be the 12' rod. I didn't mention the 13' rods since you were looking at a 10' rod to start with. I use my ten foot rod to fish for smaller fish and to throw lures, it will handle anything that a rod in that class should handle. A 40' striper will be a lot for it, But you would get the fish in. Both 11' and 12' rods are light weight and a pleasure to fish with.