Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
victorjg

WTB Black Mamba 11' Surf Rod

7 posts in this topic

several years ago Victor a friend loaned my his new black mamba and I took it out to the field to compare it to my CCP 11' 2to5oz. they were very,very similar. I believe the CCP had a slight advantage. something to think about if you can't find the black mamba

Hi Thanks for the advice, what brand are you talking about with the abbreviations CCP? I was also thinking in the lamiglass ron arra 1321 is also 1-3oz. Thanks Victor Garcia

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorjg View Post

Hi
Thanks for the advice, what brand are you talking about with the abbreviations CCP?
I was also thinking in the lamiglass ron arra 1321 is also 1-3oz.

Thanks

Victor Garcia

CCP = Carolina Cast Pro

Ok, thanks. But that rod is rated 2-5oz Do you really think is as light as the black mamba? I don't over estimate the CCP they are awesome, but will meet my exexpectations?

Victor G.

victor, when I did my testing I casted 1,2,and 3oz weights with a abu 5500 and a shimano symetre 4000 spinner.12lb mono on the abu ,20lb braid on the spinner.the cast pro is a little stronger than the black mamba so it was a lot better with 3oz as well as 2oz. they were equal with 1 oz. I had distances and notes written down but they are gone,all my casts that day were in the 90 to 120 yard range, I do remember that.

I do believe you might have a hard time finding a black mamba for sale so I was trying to be helpful in suggesting the Carolina cast pro. lot of good rods out there rated at 1to 3oz.

the ones I have used are

#1, CTS 12' S8 1to3oz . incredible thru the whole weight range, would be just as good at 11'

#2 Century slingshot 1to 4oz 12'6" I don't think that there would be a lot of difference at 11' .Not very good with 1 oz.okay with 2oz, great with 3 oz

# 3 carolina cast pro 11' 2to5 oz . not so good with 1 oz,okay with 2 oz, will smoke 3 and 4 oz.

#4 black mamba never went fishing with it,probably a great rod. all the above rods casted better for me.

If I had to to take one out of these 4,the cast pro wins ,it is a better fish catching rod in my opinion.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0