Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gadwall8

Slow is smooth, smooth is fast....

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

From Mike Pannone (CTT Solutions) not the same punch as his delivery in person, but worthy of consideration nonetheless ;)

To all my friends and fellow shooters, please stop saying this: “Slow is smooth and smooth is fast.” It’s just plain wrong!

Might I digress to one of my favorite approaches and preface it with one of my favorite sayings. “Life is math, it either adds up or it doesn’t.”

*The set M is marksmanship

*The elements of M in relation to the saying are

a. Slow

b. Smooth

c. Fast

The Transitive property of Equality is defined in the following way. For three elements a, b, and c, belonging to set M, the property is defined as:

If a = b and b = c, then a = c.

Therefore, if slow=smooth and smooth =fast, then slow=fast.

Here endeth the lesson

:v:

From Mike Pannone (CTT Solutions) not the same punch as his delivery in person, but worthy of consideration nonetheless ;)

To all my friends and fellow shooters, please stop saying this: “Slow is smooth and smooth is fast.” It’s just plain wrong!

Might I digress to one of my favorite approaches and preface it with one of my favorite sayings. “Life is math, it either adds up or it doesn’t.”

*The set M is marksmanship

*The elements of M in relation to the saying are

a. Slow

b. Smooth

c. Fast

The Transitive property of Equality is defined in the following way. For three elements a, b, and c, belonging to set M, the property is defined as:

If a = b and b = c, then a = c.

Therefore, if slow=smooth and smooth =fast, then slow=fast.

Here endeth the lesson

I think he's onto something. Smooth is fast because smooth is fast, not because smooth is slow.

Smooth is simply eliminating wasted movement and inefficiencies.

I think where people get confused is in the training. If you train for effiiciency of movement, you will likely train with slow and deliberate movements and when you do that, you're not fast because slow isn't fast. This training however, can lead you to the highest level of performance, which would be both accurate and fast. Shotgunning is a classic example of this. If you train to properly mount your gun and then execute your shot, you will eventually be faster and more accurate than you would if you just focus on shooting "quick". Learn to shoot with great technique and the speed will find you.

i see somebody has been on the evil book of faces. lol.

"slow is just !@#$ing slow."

:laugh:

"The only way to get faster, is to go faster!"

pew pew pew.

'murica.

The **** do I know?

If you go too fast then you suck.

If you go to slow then you suck.

Don't suck is the name of the game.

Don't forget "not paying attention to the course of fire description" sucking :rolleyes:

Argh.

My entire squad got a procedural yesterday for failing to follow the course of fire description.

What's worse, the RO who was running most of us at the time was the one who built the stage.

What's more worse than that? It was a classifier. :shock: