Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
blackdogfish

Reccomend surge protection for refrigerator?

Rate this topic

46 posts in this topic

New Samsung fridge arriving tomorrow.

Have read numerous reviews from owners (not just this model ) where motherboard got fried due to power fluctuations. Not really talking about lighning here... just normal spikes...and overvoltage and undervoltage.

Considering whole house protection at panel but until that happens want protection for fridge.

SPs are sacrificial. They progressively degrade as they take hits. Most sps cut power when they can no longer ensure protection. This may be fine for TVs or computer. But I don't want power to EVER be cut to the fridge because all food will be ruined. Any SP that won't cut power when depleted? I like the TRIPP LITE brand in general.

Thanks for any help.

The previous homeowners left us a pretty fancy fridge. (for me anyways) Some Kenmore double door water, ice dealie.....just have it plugged in the wall?

We have had 2 lightning strikes on the pole near my house and so far nothing. I mean...I SAW bolts fly past our window. Power went out, but nothing tripped in the house.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mokes View Post

The previous homeowners left us a pretty fancy fridge. (for me anyways) Some Kenmore double door water, ice dealie.....just have it plugged in the wall?

We have had 2 lightning strikes on the pole near my house and so far nothing. I mean...I SAW bolts fly past our window. Power went out, but nothing tripped in the house.

Clearly your frig has a Fatherboard ..

I recommend the extended warranty on today's fridges. I'd be broke if I didn't have one on mine.

Don't worry about a surge protector and don't believe what all the Nancy's post on appliance websites. The surge in the fridge will be from within - think about it.