Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
forester

2014 Hunting Thread

Rate this topic

20 posts in this topic

The Mass forum runs a hunting thread and I figured we should certainly be able make one work here. I had a productive morning so i'll get it started.

This guy was chasing does in the swamp down below the farm and not thinking about anything else.

This one goes 190#. With the exception of the one I posted yesterday from up north, the other three were taken within a mile of one another. Prior to the season, we had pictures of well over a dozen good bucks either on or near the farm. This one and the one I got we didn't have a picture of.

Mostly still hunting. Poking along really slow, stopping alot. A little sitting, mostly on the ground, with a couple of tree stands here and there. We have thousands of acres of really nice land to hunt on in the area surrounding our farm and my house, with a great mix of woods, fields and swamps. Not much hunting pressure (other than the locals). I have the added advantage of being the fourth generation to hunt the same country and learned quite a bit about hunting this particular ground from my father and grandfather.

Mostly still hunting. Poking along really slow, stopping alot. A little sitting, mostly on the ground, with a couple of tree stands here and there. We have thousands of acres of really nice land to hunt on in the area surrounding our farm and my house, with a great mix of woods, fields and swamps. Not much hunting pressure (other than the locals). I have the added advantage of being the fourth generation to hunt the same country and learned quite a bit about hunting this particular ground from my father and grandfather.

that sounds awesome,