Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DMacLeod

Anyone using a Night Vision scope ?

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

I am looking to buy another AR after Christmas and want to put a night vision scope on it for coyote hunting. (will be a dedicated coyote or ZOMBIE weapon)

I am probably going with an Armasight Orion . I know it is only gen 1+ but that is ok. Price is right.

My question is how do you zero one ? Is the reticle visible in daylight with scope turned off ?

I use Night scopes on M4 platforms to shoot hogs by our house in South Texas. They are run by dogs, trapped, etc...they are completely nocturnal, so nightvision is the only effective way to get them.

The reticle is visible because the scope will be on, even during daylight...you can't see thru the scope when it is turned off. During daylight, there should be a front lens cover..with a small pinhole that lets in a tiny amount of light...this allows the scope to function with the reticle on without damage. If you turn the scope on during daylight with the lens cover off...you would blow it out and it is ruined.

Other than that, they mount on a picatanny rail, and can be sighted in like a regular scope.