Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishweewee

Have a squib. Or eight.

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

That is quite a testament to the strength of S&Ws barrel.

Was this done as a test or was the shooter a moron ? 8 rounds meant a reload......unless it is a 624 ? Looks like a model 19 barrel.

I had a crappy mag (near as I can figure) Friday and I pulled my charging handle back on the AR and I pushed it back like a dummy and didn't seat it right. Pulled the trigger and had a light strike. 1st thing I thought was SQUIB!! :D

No squib thankfully.

squibs happen. more likely to happen with ammo that's been rushed out the factory door during the great panic of 2013-14.

earlier in the year i hosted SWHC, RGR, and CLTDEF for an investor day at the range, and it was my job to furnish the ammo.

as luck would have it, one of the 9mm rounds caused a squib in one of SWHC's guns. which embarrassed me acutely, more so since the SWHC pro-staffer whose gun got squibbed was an IDPA champ :o

easy fix - brass punch and tap out of the barrel.

i had my own very first squib happen a few weekends ago during a class with frank proctor. the squib made a "pfffft" noise which also resulted in a double feed.

this was one of my own reloads - the culprit was likely a dud primer (winchester small primer) that i bought during the midst of the ammo panic. that's because i had a couple other primer failures from that lot during the day (failure to ignite).

again, out of an abundance of caution i cleared the gun and removed and inspected the barrel. if another round went down the pipe, it would have turned into a hand grenade.

be careful out there.