Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lichum

The Gunsmithing Thread

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

The Baikal MP 18 shotgun comes with a gizmo that can be switched to allow extraction or ejection.

My shootin' pal didn't like it so he removed it.

When he came to visit he asked me if I would put some black silicone sealer in the slot in the receiver where the gizmo had been.

I told him: "I have a better solution; I'll make a little filler piece and press it in for you."

:th: Our little gunsmithing project turned out all right. :th:

I changed a firing and some other dohicky.

Can I sit at the cool kid table?

OK

Since field stripping a Ruger 22/45 almost qualifies as gunsmithing... I completely stripped mine and installed a Volquartzen sear and trigger, installed a fiber optic front sight, removed the magazine disconnect, and did a slingshot mod :D

:v:

first time shooting then trying to clean my sig P230 in many years i pulled the take down pin instead of just turning it...:(

thought i was going to be taking a bag of parts to a gunsmith to put it back together, but me and you-tube figured it out. ;)

field stripping and cleaning the Ruger MKII my daughter shoots is practice in gunsmithing.

i did put in a new bolt and extractor along with front and rear fiber optic sights and the easy take down kit. :D

Not really gunsmithing.... I've been noodling around with Kydex off and on for a few months and just finished this mag pouch for an AK Pmag. 0.80 Chocolate/MAS Gray with injection molded loops.

[img=

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg59/Urban_Redneck_photos/2014%20Garden/DSCN0961_zps72981de0.jpg]

I need to clean it before delivering it tomorrow

:v: