Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RichLou

My dishwasher is broken and I don't mean my wife :)

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

Hey Guys,

Just looking for someone who may have had an issue with their dishwasher before.  My garbage disposal just died so I replaced that, and now my dishwasher is down.  Its a maytag that is about 7 years old.  It cycles just fine but is not draining.  I thought maybe that the drain line was clogged so I just removed that and ran both hot water and high pressure water through it but it seems fine.  I am afraid that the pump that discharges the water could be bad or is it something else? I looked on line but I thought it showed that it only has one pump in it that both pushes the water to clean as well as discard?

Thanks,

RIch

There is a knock out plug in the disposal that you need to remove.

Disconnect the discharge hose from the dishwasher and stick your finger in the hole if it is not clear you need to clear it.

Disconnect the discharge hose from the dishwasher and stick your finger in the hole if it is not clear you need to clear it.

:th:....This one.

I did that during the install and the screwdriver passed clear through but come to think of it I never pulled the tab and it's not in the disposal so it's probably hanging on causing an obstruction.