Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dena

Double Down

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

Just days after the election, our President has doubled the number of our troops heading to Iraq.

Anbar Province, to be precise, where the bad guys are beheading villagers by the score. Damn shame we have to go back there, and fight to take the same ground we already fought for.

Any coincidence to the timing of this increase to double the size?

To Obama's credit, he did say that our troops are there only to train, advise,and equip the natives.

To a young old guy like me, it reminds me of the build up to past military escapades.

Next year, we might have hundred thousand of our boys there if we keep doubling things every month or two.

Good, or bad?

Just days after the election, our President has doubled the number of our troops heading to Iraq.

Anbar Province, to be precise, where the bad guys are beheading villagers by the score. Damn shame we have to go back there, and fight to take the same ground we already fought for.

Any coincidence to the timing of this increase to double the size?

To Obama's credit, he did say that our troops are there only to train, advise,and equip the natives.

To a young old guy like me, it reminds me of the build up to past military escapades.

Next year, we might have hundred thousand of our boys there if we keep doubling things every month or two.

Good, or bad?

Mission Accomplished - GWB. If the mission was to open Pandora's box, he was correct.

Not Happy.

Not sure the significance of the timing, but have little doubt that the "great one" has timed it to be to the most benefit to himself and his benefactors.

Not happy.

But, no worries. In only 2 short months the new Republican majority can pass legislation to bring them all back.

Unless of course, you think he should have put more troops on the ground.

Which is it?