Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
albacized

I didn't know Bernard Hopkins was...

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

yea, I did a "wait what?" too

sad part is, its probably a strictly financial thing.

Agree - but from what I understand, he's doing much better at his age than Evander Holyfield was (not sure if he's still fighting either)

Agree - but from what I understand, he's doing much better at his age than Evander Holyfield was (not sure if he's still fighting either)

evander is broke, between 12-13 kids and a 60k sqrt ft house, moron,

Quote:

Originally Posted by gray gables View Post

evander is broke, between 12-13 kids and a 60k sqrt ft house, moron,

i thought you were joking about the house. no wonder why hes broke that place was a palace. you know he didnt have anything to do with the design

i thought you were joking about the house. no wonder why hes broke that place was a palace. you know he didnt have anything to do with the design

he designed it, his manager tried to talk him out of it.

If he designed that place then he missed his calling. That's one of the most beautiful houses I've ever seen.

been building houses since 92. That house is hideous imo. Rather have a 3k sqrt ft house, 40x80 barn and 60k acres to myself.

been building houses since 92. That house is hideous imo. Rather have a 3k sqrt ft house, 40x80 barn and 60k acres to myself.

I'd prefer a shack in northern Maine to just about anywhere in Georgia.

But that's not bad. Looking through all the pictures on zillow I was fairly impressed.

Not my style but I could never afford that style anyway. Neither could Holyfield I guess.

I'd prefer a shack in northern Maine to just about anywhere in Georgia.

But that's not bad. Looking through all the pictures on zillow I was fairly impressed.

Not my style but I could never afford that style anyway. Neither could Holyfield I guess.

no one will ever live in that place, taxes,upkeep, heating, etc.

What a fight. I loved it.

Watching Hopkins, I was stunned by his ease and the degree of calm that wrapped him every time he sat down between rounds. For the first six or seven rounds, he wasn't breathing hard; Kovalev, in his corner, was clearly working at full throttle from the start. And the rolls! Rolls of the shoulders, of the head, most of the punches he took were muffled by skillful defensive movement, it was a pleasure to watch. He was so deft at that as to make it appear that he and Kovalev had rehearsed the fight: at this second you punch and I roll, on and on.

There were moments in the last rounds when I do think Kovalev was hurt, but he's a skilled professional who knew how to get out and generally not give Hopkins a chance for a follow-up punch. I also think that Hopkins should hang it up. He has a reputation as an ultimate training fighter, who will be back in the gym Monday morning, but Kovalev mapped out the plan that other fighters will follow in meeting Hopkins. If he'd done a slightly better job following his corner's instructions I don't think it would have gone as long a it did.

Hopkins was really, really classy in the interview at the end of the fight. So was Kovalev. An all-around pleasure.