Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NightTide

CurlyTailed Grub or Pork Rind Trailer?

Rate this topic

111 posts in this topic

I have used both Grubs and Pork Rind and I like both equally, but I find my self going for a Pork Rind more often because of the strenght and when bluefish are around I get the tails bitten off of the Grubs every cast. I would like to know if any of you have had better success on either of them if so please leave a comment.Thanks

I use the curly tail when there is a strong wind or big sweep on the beach. The curly tail lets the bucktail sink and cast better. The grind works the best in the inlets (my opinion) and the curly tail better on the open beach

NightTide I prefer the pork rind for the same reasons you stated but lately the Uncle Josh's has been lacking . I've had it pulled off my bucktail twice this fall , I now it was on the hook properly but I think the blues just tear it up .

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCSilverstriper View Post

NightTide I prefer the pork rind for the same reasons you stated but lately the Uncle Josh's has been lacking . I've had it pulled off my bucktail twice this fall , I now it was on the hook properly but I think the blues just tear it up .

Thanks those blues tear anything up. I like to use a Diamond Jig when there around No bite offs and it Casts well. Thanks for the comment:)

I use the curly tails most of the time now that Uncle Josh's rind ain't worth buying anymore. It's hard to believe that someone is willing to risk their business by lowering the quality of their product. Uncle Josh :thumbd:

I use the curly tails most of the time now that Uncle Josh's rind ain't worth buying anymore. It's hard to believe that someone is willing to risk their business by lowering the quality of their product. Uncle Josh :thumbd:

Hey Carlos are you sure about that? I use it all the time and even a newly purchased rind seems to be ok

I am done with the uncle. some of the rinds disintegrated and the rest tore up... isnt the point of paying up for a product only when expecting it to last?

Ordered a bunch of curly tail grubs off amazon prime dirt cheap. Will be using those next.