Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SnookFly

Nautilus FWX 7/8 A/R

Rate this topic

3 posts in this topic

Asking this Nautilus anti-reverse question in a new thread, so as not to hi-jack nedakjohn's 7-weight thread.

Local 66 - Just to clarify - have you seen problems with the newer FWX, or with the older Plus series? My Seven Plus has a non-stainless A/R and it is rusted and discolored but has never jammed.or failed. Because I know it's a potential problem I keep it greased and clean. The A/R on my three-year old FWX 7/8 is nylon and stainless and has no evidence of corrosion, and is used several times a week for wading, kayaking and in boat. Some dunking and splashing, but no failure problems.

Specifically what problems? I want to be prepared, not surprised at a future time.

Thanks.

Asking this Nautilus anti-reverse question in a new thread, so as not to hi-jack nedakjohn's 7-weight thread.

Local 66 - Just to clarify - have you seen problems with the newer FWX, or with the older Plus series? My Seven Plus has a non-stainless A/R and it is rusted and discolored but has never jammed.or failed. Because I know it's a potential problem I keep it greased and clean. The A/R on my three-year old FWX 7/8 is nylon and stainless and has no evidence of corrosion, and is used several times a week for wading, kayaking and in boat. Some dunking and splashing, but no failure problems.

Specifically what problems? I want to be prepared, not surprised at a future time.

Thanks.

This one. When it goes, you'll lose your drag. One of those things that's pretty easy to avoid if you're aware of it, but when the fwx first came out people were bringing them back as fast as we were selling them. I'm shocked to hear that your clutch survived a dunk, they usually don't.