Followers 0
nipsip

Obama Has Outperformed Reagan in Job Creation

Rate this topic

36 posts in this topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nipsip View Post

Read the Forbes article.

Yes, Obama has surged all the way to the least Americans with jobs in 50 years and lots of the jobs they do have, suck. By the way, you might want to research the difference between job creation and the unemployment rate. Your title is wrong and your conclusion is wrong.

And both positions are equally meaningless: more people; high tech; fewer labor intensive tasks; and, cheaper labor costs overseas.  

BTW, Kennedy did more for space exploration than Eisenhower ever did!    :waiting: 

Yes, Obama has surged all the way to the least Americans with jobs in 50 years and lots of the jobs they do have, suck. By the way, you might want to research the difference between job creation and the unemployment rate. Your title is wrong and your conclusion is wrong.

Boomers’ are retiring and you are seeing the percentage of those seeking employment decline. This has nothing to do with job availability, and everything to do with a highly predictable aging demographic. When Reagan was in office he had the benefit of a growing Boomer class to ignite economic growth.

Look at this graph. You can see the growing labor participation rate as the Boomers and women come into the workforce and leave because of age. First Boomers turned 62 six years ago in 2008.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nipsip View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by epanzella View Post

Boomers’ are retiring and you are seeing the percentage of those seeking employment decline. This has nothing to do with job availability, and everything to do with a highly predictable aging demographic. When Reagan was in office he had the benefit of a growing Boomer class to ignite economic growth.

Look at this graph. You can see the growing labor participation rate as the Boomers and women come into the workforce and leave because of age. First Boomers turned 62 six years ago in 2008.

I've got news for you. Thanks to Obama's anti business policies, lots of boomer are still working.

I've got news for you. Thanks to Obama's anti business policies, lots of boomer are still working.

'Anti-business' and 'still working' in the same sentence seems rather odd. I thought everybody was going on the tit.:confused:

Quote:

Is this where I can say which are are those?  List them?  That's the way righties always present news—no basis necessary.   :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by inthered View Post

Quote:

Is this where I can say which are are those?  List them?  That's the way righties always present news—no basis necessary.   :)

You can start with me and nearly every boomer I know. If you belonged to AARP you would see lots articles in the club publication about boomers who are forced to work when they expected to be retired a long time ago. They didn't expect Obama, though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamakatsu View Post

Quote:

'Anti-business' and 'still working' in the same sentence seems rather odd. I thought everybody was going on the tit.confused.gif

Try using "can't afford to retire" and "can't afford to stay retired" in the same sentence.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamakatsu View Post

Quote:

'Anti-business' and 'still working' in the same sentence seems rather odd. I thought everybody was going on the tit.confused.gif

Try using "can't afford to retire" and "can't afford to stay retired" in the same sentence.

:violin:               :shrug:   :laugh:  

:violin:                :shrug:    :laugh:   

The old saying Idle hands are the devils playground rings of a lot of truth, I'm willingly getting up early in the morning and going in to work, gonna work about half a day, and then take my daughter to lunch, life is very good, stand alone productivity is a much overlooked positive human attribute that you liberals fail to recognize, freestuffers have you people under their control...

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamcaster View Post 

The old saying Idle hands are the devils playground rings of a lot of truth, I'm willingly getting up early in the morning and going in to work, gonna work about half a day, and then take my daughter to lunch, life is very good, stand alone productivity is a much overlooked positive human attribute that you liberals fail to recognize, freestuffers have you people under their control...

Type A presonality: the only one of value; "a much overlooked positive human attribute that you liberals fail to recognize."  (All inclusive?)   :rolleyes: