Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nipsip

Before Republicans Drown Drinking Their Own Bathwater

Rate this topic

26 posts in this topic

Republicans are really drinking their own bath water if they think this election gives them a mandate to rule, because things will be a lot different in 2016 even if they behave like adults.

Let's start with the senate. If you look at the Republican Senate pick-ups, 16 out of the 20 seats that were up for grabs were Democrat seats, and 6 of those seats were in states that Obama lost, so the senate map was basically red before the election. The Dems could not even pull out NC even though Obama carried the state in 2008.

In 2016 the shoe will be on the other foot. 23 of the 33 seats up for grabs are Republican seats. If Rubio and Rand Paul run for president, they cannot run for re-election as a senator. McCain and Grassley are retiring and in 6 states where seats are up for grabs, Obama won in both 2012 and 2008.

So, IMO, the two chances the Republicans have holding on to the Senate in 2016 are slim and none, and that is not even counting the Hillary effect.

As far as the Presidential election, Hillary already has 242 electoral votes in the bag and needs to pick up only 15% of the remaining 183 votes.

Rand Paul or whomever is the Republican candidate would have to win every single purple state to win.

So the two chances that Republicans capture the presidency are again slim and none.

jesus, if you just replace republican with democrat its like looking into the recent past.

That is the math for 2016. You see there is no way Republicans are going to capture 64% of the white vote with a white woman at the head of the ticket, or improve their position with either the Latino or Black voters and that is just math.

According to exit polls, this year the Republicans captured 60% of the white vote.

Republicans are really drinking their own bath water if they think this election gives them a mandate to rule, because things will be a lot different in 2016 even if they behave like adults.

Let's start with the senate. If you look at the Republican Senate pick-ups, 16 out of the 20 seats that were up for grabs were Democrat seats, and 6 of those seats were in states that Obama lost, so the senate map was basically red before the election. The Dems could not even pull out NC even though Obama carried the state in 2008.

In 2016 the shoe will be on the other foot. 23 of the 33 seats up for grabs are Republican seats. If Rubio and Rand Paul run for president, they cannot run for re-election as a senator. McCain and Grassley are retiring and in 6 states where seats are up for grabs, Obama won in both 2012 and 2008.

So, IMO, the two chances the Republicans have holding on to the Senate in 2016 are slim and none, and that is not even counting the Hillary effect.

As far as the Presidential election, Hillary already has 242 electoral votes in the bag and needs to pick up only 15% of the remaining 183 votes.

Rand Paul or whomever is the Republican candidate would have to win every single purple state to win.

So the two chances that Republicans capture the presidency are again slim and none.

You go and put this under your pillow for the tooth fairy.

BTW you go right ahead and keep ignoring the Obama effect.

But your failed Messiah has two more years to screw up the pooch even worse than he has so far. In another two years, you may not be able to get elected dog catcher as a Dem. I have my faith and hope and change in Barak Obama, the worst President of my lifetime.

We'll see if the Reps are intelligent enough to move right fiscally and run on cutting this huge, Marxist monstrosity you call a government and cut taxes as well.

You go and put this under your pillow for the tooth fairy.

BTW you go right ahead and keep ignoring the Obama effect.

Republicans can do the math as easily as I can. The defeat may be worse if the do not act like adults, like shutting down the government, suing Obama, trying to impeach Obama, or seen as being as they have been the last two years, not capable of producing any meaningful legislation that benefits most voters, and I don't mean most oil companies or banks.

Republicans can do the math as easily as I can. The defeat may be worse if the do not act like adults, like shutting down the government, suing Obama, trying to impeach Obama, or seen as being as they have been the last two years, not capable of producing any meaningful legislation that benefits most voters, and I don't mean most oil companies or banks.

Like I said, keep pretending the Obama effect is not real and will not get worse over the next two years.

jesus, if you just replace republican with democrat its like looking into the recent past.

That is the math for 2016. You see there is no way Republicans are going to capture 64% of the white vote with a white woman at the head of the ticket, or improve their position with either the Latino or Black voters and that is just math.

According to exit polls, this year the Republicans captured 60% of the white vote.

im referring to you doing the sky is falling dance, much like the ultra conservatives did with Obama.

Like I said, keep pretending the Obama effect is not real and will not get worse over the next two years.

You know that that Obama will not be running in 2016, don't you?

You know that that Obama will not be running in 2016, don't you?

Bush didn't run in 2008 either. But pinkos were still voting against Bush. You don't learn anything from history, do you?

But your failed Messiah has two more years to screw up the pooch even worse than he has so far. In another two years, you may not be able to get elected dog catcher as a Dem. I have my faith and hope and change in Barak Obama, the worst President of my lifetime.

We'll see if the Reps are intelligent enough to move right fiscally and run on cutting this huge, Marxist monstrosity you call a government and cut taxes as well.

His last 2 years are gonna be different. You'll see. :D

im referring to you doing the sky is falling dance, much like the ultra conservatives did with Obama.

That is not "sky is falling" it is simple math. Republicans need to get 64% of the white vote to win (50.1%) and a white woman is running for president in a country where there are more women than men and they vote at a higher percentage rate.

Of course they can convince more Latinos and Blacks to vote for them, however that is not likely by 2016.

As far as the Senate, a larger percentage of registered voters vote in presidential elections vs non-presidential elections and this year the turnout was below 2010 (33.9 vs 40.9). In 2012 voter turnout was 58.1% which is ~25% higher than 2014.

Bush didn't run in 2008 either. But pinkos were still voting against Bush. You don't learn anything from history, do you?

It is simple math. In order for Republicans to win the White House they have to get 64% of the white vote or convince a larger percentage of blacks and Latinos to vote for them. Neither is going to happen in a country where a white woman will be running for president and where white women outnumber white men and vote at a higher percentage rate.