Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RegDunlop

WTB , project reel, conventional .....Penn , Daiwa

29 posts in this topic

I have a really nice penn 113h senator in the bst forum. I already upgraded it a lot but you can change the gearing to stainless steel and it will be able to handle a lot more drag pressure, plus add a power handle and perform a double dog system and it then turns into a tank ! Google double dog mod senator and you will see

I have a really nice penn 113h senator in the bst forum. I already upgraded it a lot but you can change the gearing to stainless steel and it will be able to handle a lot more drag pressure, plus add a power handle and perform a double dog system and it then turns into a tank ! Google double dog mod senator and you will see

That is a hell of a reel, somebody should jump on that, but not the kind of project reel I am looking for.

I want something that is in pieces in a box, or very beat up.

I've got two squidders that are in project reel condition. I have one 140 that was converted to a 145. Brand new drag washers, gears work fine, some brassing but the 145 spool is mint. $35 shipped.  

I have a 140 with a perfect metal spool. The side plates are okay, the internals are okay, but the frame has brassing on it. New drag washers in this one too. $27 shipped.

Buy them both and I'll give you a third one for free. It has everything but is missing the handle sideplate.

Let me know and I'll post pics. Both reels work but have aesthetic condition issues. 

I've got two squidders that are in project reel condition. I have one 140 that was converted to a 145. Brand new drag washers, gears work fine, some brassing but the 145 spool is mint. $35 shipped.  

I have a 140 with a perfect metal spool. The side plates are okay, the internals are okay, but the frame has brassing on it. New drag washers in this one too. $27 shipped.

Buy them both and I'll give you a third one for free. It has everything but is missing the handle sideplate.

Let me know and I'll post pics. Both reels work but have aesthetic condition issues. 

I'll take the 145.

These others have project potential. If you would please post a pic.

I have a 710 that is striped of paint and in pieces in a bag... I was going to pennstaal it and repaint but I have not got around to drilling it out. Interested in that?

I have a 710 that is striped of paint and in pieces in a bag... I was going to pennstaal it and repaint but I have not got around to drilling it out. Interested in that?[/quote

Price?

Hmm how does $28 shipped sound? Mechanically this reel is fine, just needs some TLC

!

All parts accounted for? Spool condition? Color of spool? Drag knob color?

Wasn't looking for another z but its tough to turn down.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RegDunlop View Post

I'll take the 145.

These others have project potential. If you would please post a pic.

Sounds good. I'll post up the pics when I get home. 

The first pic is of the 140 handle sideplate. Aside from the brass showing it works and has the new drag. I went though all of them and cleaned and regreased everything. I have another handle I'll throw in for the squidder missing the side ring. The gears and internals too. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0