Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jonesy

Sharptons new Attorney General

Rate this topic

101 posts in this topic

Harvard Law, etc. All the qualifications on paper. I guess we'll see if this one is more interested in playing the race card than prosecuting government corruption like the last one.

Most lawyers

Harvard Law, etc. All the qualifications on paper. I guess we'll see if this one is more interested in playing the race card than prosecuting government corruption like the last one.

Lawyers, imo are generally unscrupulous, immoral, and contemptuous of what is right or honorable.

Anyone ever add up the total of fines collected from Wall street and big business over the last six years?

The AG's office seemed to be in the news a lot for collecting them.

Anyone ever add up the total of fines collected from Wall street and big business over the last six years?

Yeah I bet if we add them all up and then times them by 10 its a pitiance.

I would be more impressed if the AG office came out with indictments.

The fines were probably less than they pay annually in stripper fees a buck at a time.

lol

I wonder if the new AG will go after the first lady for hate speech with regard to her trying to bribe black folk with fried chicken. I won't hold my breath........

:shrug:

Originally Posted by squidlips View Post

Originally Posted by Nessmuk View Post

OK, I’ll cop to it; I don’t understand business and finance.   :bucktooth:

Major banks that survived the crisis, largely because they were saved with taxpayer money after being deemed “too big to fail,” are now bigger and more powerful than ever.

Key findings:

• [six] years after Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. went bankrupt, the CEOs of the banks that got into the biggest trouble during the financial crisis are living in luxury.
  • None of the top banking CEOs or senior executives has been prosecuted for actions taken that led to the financial crisis.
  • The CEOs have faced little liability for the financial wreckage that happened on their watch. Company insurance policies and shareholders have covered most legal settlements. 

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v80), quality = 80

From left: Former Lehman Brothers CEO Richard Fuld's mansion in Greenwich, Conn., Fuld being sworn in during a Sept. 2010 Financial Crisis Inquiry Commission hearing on Capitol Hill.  Pictometry, Carolyn Kaster/AP

An appeal to pity?  No collar bar?

We have wandered a far piece from the appointment of Loretta Lynch. My contacts in NY tell me she is an excellent District Attorney. Tough and professional. I'm willing to see what the news media digs up on her and how she is received by the Senate Committee that handles appointments at this level.