Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NS Mike D

What Bush/Obama Policies Will The GOP Reverse

Rate this topic

38 posts in this topic

now that they control the representative branch.

Patriot Act?

Healthcare Expansion?

Big Government Education?

Housing Loans?

Guest Workers/Welcoming Mexicans?

Deficit Spending?

Middle East Wars?

Patriot Act?

Healthcare Expansion?

Housing Loans?

Deficit Spending?

Middle East Wars?

This morning I heard Boehner flapping his yap concerning deficits/debt and legal reform.

None.  Too mant progressives in the Republican Party.  The leftists here will get at least half of everything they want.  Patriots will get the back of a prog hand.  Mark my words.

Patriot Act?

Healthcare Expansion?

Housing Loans?

Deficit Spending?

Middle East Wars?

This morning I heard Boehner flapping his yap concerning deficits/debt and legal reform.

don't be fooled. Tort reform is a way of denying you access to a jury of your peers. It's widespread and I'd bet a good number of people on this board have already waived their rights under their employment contract.

don't be fooled. Tort reform is a way of denying you access to a jury of your peers. It's widespread and I'd bet a good number of people on this board have already waived their rights under their employment contract.

That's definitely true in the case of Workers Compensation in most States. In that instance, I think it is a good thing.

I don't know to what extent an employer can mandate "waiving of rights" for liability cases... my general impression is that they can't... if they could, prevention of sexual harassment/hostile workplace wouldn't be nearly the issue that it is.

That's definitely true in the case of Workers Compensation in most States. In that instance, I think it is a good thing.

I don't know to what extent an employer can mandate "waiving of rights" for liability cases... my general impression is that they can't... if they could, prevention of sexual harassment/hostile workplace wouldn't be nearly the issue that it is.

It's now common practice to waive your rights to a trial under your terms of employment and agree ti arbitration (by an arbitrator appointed by the company). I don't know many people who have the luxury of turning down employment to protect their right to a trial if the employer ends up worming them.

It's now common practice to waive your rights to a trial under your terms of employment and agree ti arbitration (by an arbitrator appointed by the company). I don't know many people who have the luxury of turning down employment to protect their right to a trial if the employer ends up worming them.

Work in a union shop.

The worst part of the Bush administration has already been undone. The Democrat controlled congress.

It remains to be seen if anything other than the names changes.

Hopefully not different pile, same stink.

I didn't know that. I wonder how many people going through the first day of a new job paperwork really know that they are signing away a jury trial. Off this post, I did some quick research and it looks like plaintiffs win in arbitration more often than in jury trials, but the payout is approximately 30% less.