Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bob_G

My mother always said it pays to be well read. (As usual, she was right)

Rate this topic

23 posts in this topic

Mom always said it's important to read.

I'm at my sister in laws home the other day. My wife is in the kitchen having a good time with her sisters, and I'm watching a rerun of the Da Vinci Code with Tom Hanks on tv. My sister in law walks in and asks if I'd like some coffee. When she brings me the coffee, I tell her I wouldn't mind reading this book. Upon hearing that, she walks out into the back hallway, where she keeps cardboard boxes full of old books, and brings out a hardcover copy of Dan Brown's, The Da Vinci Code.

That night when I went home, I was thumbing through the book. When I placed it on the table, I noticed it didn't lay flat? :squid: Picked it up, put it down. Still not flat. Felt the cover, and there seemed to be something under the jacket. Removed the front jacket, and found 8 brand new, nice crispy $100 bills. :D

Wow!!!

Also, that book is amazing! I am not really an avid reader, but that book is simply hard to put down. Much more intense than the movie. If you like that one "Angels and Demons" is also a great book

And as Paul Harvey would say, 'and now for the rest of the story'. :laugh:

Apparently my brother in law squirrels money away, for a rainy day, and to hide it from his wife (my SIL). One of his fav places is in books.

After finding the $$$, I knew something was up. So I called my SIL the next morning to ask if her husband was missing something that may have been inside a book? She asked him. He jumped out of his chair, ran to the hallway where the cardboard boxes of books were stashed, and discovered the Da Vinci Code was missing. That's when he told her there were eight $100 dollar bills hidden inside. :cry:

So I had no problems with returning it. However, I was under the impression that this wasn't the first time it happened. :dismay:

Wow!!!

Also, that book is amazing! I am not really an avid reader, but that book is simply hard to put down. Much more intense than the movie. If you like that one "Angels and Demons" is also a great book

The movies take out the romantic angle of the books, too.