Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
troy nyc

Wilderness Systems ATAK

36 posts in this topic

Gotta say.I am torn between the ATAK now and the Revo 13 . The seat on the thresher seems to be my biggest concern almost eliminating it from my choices . Deck space and the lack of it on the revo is a big downside for the hobie.I hope the ATAK actually releases when stated.Can't wait to check it out some more. Would love to see how the ATAK handles rougher ocean water.All of the videos and teaser I see are flat calm.Standing is something I will likely not do much so that doesn't make a selling point for me.

Gotta say.I am torn between the ATAK now and the Revo 13 . The seat on the thresher seems to be my biggest concern almost eliminating it from my choices . Deck space and the lack of it on the revo is a big downside for the hobie.I hope the ATAK actually releases when stated.Can't wait to check it out some more. Would love to see how the ATAK handles rougher ocean water.All of the videos and teaser I see are flat calm.Standing is something I will likely not do much so that doesn't make a selling point for me.

Unless your fishing calm lakes, ponds or flats where you feel the need to stand, unless your a big guy I don't think it compares to the Revo especially the 2015 with the new seat. The revo has a place for your rods, its has tankwell large enough to put fish and you can put a fish finder on so that's plenty room but to be hands free you cant beat that and those revoes are fast.

I would think the outback would be comparable to the Atak. But you are also comparing peddle to paddle, and that is something you need to resolve first.