Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
waynejr83

Striper fishing this weekend. What soft shad and spoons are recommended?

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

I will be going out on the Miss Barnegat Light this weekend. Hear the bass are hitting rubber shads and spoons along with jigs. I have plenty of jigs but not sure what spoons are better than others and same with rubber shad. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by waynejr83 View Post

I will be going out on the Miss Barnegat Light this weekend. Hear the bass are hitting rubber shads and spoons along with jigs. I have plenty of jigs but not sure what spoons are better than others and same with rubber shad. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

The 7-8oz knockoff kroc spoons and the largest soft swimshads you can find.  

Bunker or white in color for the shads.  

Storm shad in bunker or white 5", will probably out fish anything else. Use a spinner, cast out as far as u can, let it sink for 20 seconds and retrieve slow. Change up sink time and retrieve speed to see what works.

Never used spoons but always have success with AOK jigs, crippled hearing 2 or 3oz and the faithful 2oz cast master

Thanks for all the tips. Just back and only one fish caught on the whole boat. None of the party boats had any luck. Appreciate the tips, hopefully will catch my first keeper sometime this year