Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Camren

RB on Sunday?

12 posts in this topic

Hey All

Anyone fishing in RB on Sunday? My normal fishing partner has acute white tail fever and will be in a tree stand all weekend and I prefer to fish with others for safety. Conditions look good and this may be the helast chance to get the yak out before I trade it in for the surf casting gear.

im looking to go out sunday as well. but cant get out until ~1pm ish. out front would be choice 1 if weather cooperates. I need to take some days off work also, figures the weather is going to suck next week.

It is a west wind this weekend! Tomorrow is going to be nice. The land will protect the beach for about 2 miles, and the bunker will swim into the wind to the beach. It is the exact conditions we need. The bay may actually be worse than the ocean front. The bunker are down there and so are the bass, that looks to be the best shot at getting into a good pod of fish. Ive launched the inlet before without problems. There has been a bite slightly north of the inlet off ibsp. Just have to find the bunker.

Surf will be too much at open ocean...2-3 ft...RB would be OK but there is no fish there...unless you are very lucky.

This is my concern as well. I'm back and forth between this idea and just spending the day at IBSP

The land protects the west wind. It is going to be really nice tomorrow. Really anything west is going to make it flat right off the beach to a mile or two. Somewhere off lbi it is going to go off tomorrow. There are so many trhings coming together for a great bite. Bait, wind pushing the bait to the beach, full moon evening bite, water temp, etc. Im going sea bassing, so good luck anyone down that way. Ill probably run inshore late afternoon searching.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTSurf View Post

The land protects the west wind. It is going to be really nice tomorrow. Really anything west is going to make it flat right off the beach to a mile or two. Somewhere off lbi it is going to go off tomorrow. There are so many trhings coming together for a great bite. Bait, wind pushing the bait to the beach, full moon evening bite, water temp, etc. Im going sea bassing, so good luck anyone down that way. Ill probably run inshore late afternoon searching.

JT you were right...went surf fishing and was sorry because the conditions on Saturday were excellent for jaking...ocean was like a lake at SH and SB...no surf at all...I heard that Sunday was similar...I guess I misread the forecasts...and there were a lot of birds with boats on them  just out of the  reach...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camren View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by computeruser View Post

Surf will be too much at open ocean...2-3 ft...RB would be OK but there is no fish there...unless you are very lucky.

This is my concern as well. I'm back and forth between this idea and just spending the day at IBSP

usually when the forecast for the front is showing 2-3ft seas the waves arent high. just gotta launch in between the wave sections on the coast. The wave doesn't break on every part of the beach. If i see 2-3ft im def going out front. If its greater than 3 ft i avoid going out front. You also want to check and see the wave intervals. if its greater than 7 seconds you have more time in between wave sets. 

I went out front yesterday from 1230-3 and followed a huge bunker school and caught 7 big blues and 3 short stripers. It was a great day. I'm planning on going out front again on sunday or tuesday if weather is nice. With the big drop in temperatures i think there will be a big school of stripers heading down from long island.