Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nipsip

Just When You Think You Have Heard Every Crazy Nutcase Idea...

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

Mississippi wants to restart the CSA. No kidding, it is going to be on the ballot in 2016.

http://goo.gl/7ESSdQ

Yeah, it seems stupid. Probably why it has been endorsed by a former Democrat Congressman that got bumped off by the TEA party.

"The initiative has been endorsed by former Mississippi Rep. Mark DuVall, former Miss America and Mississippian Susan Akin and Mississippi author Julie Hawkins. To be approved for the 2016 ballot, the initiative must receive about 110,000 signatures before October 2015."

"Additional proposed changes under Initiative 46 include flying the Confederate battle flag on the grounds of the Mississippi state capitol, mandating that a Mississippi pledge of allegiance be recited after the U.S. Pledge of Allegiance, and the mandatory broadcast of the song Dixie immediately after the playing of the Star Spangled Bannerin public venues."

A lot of gummint mandates in there for people who hate gummint mandates...

The town of Vicksburg only started recognizing the Fourth of July in the mid 1960's.  After what Yankees did there, I support their initiative.

Mississippi wants to restart the CSA. No kidding, it is going to be on the ballot in 2016.

http://goo.gl/7ESSdQ

restart the CSA? I see no such thing in the article. I think you are lying to get people to pay attention to you.

Again.

And oh look... I did.

Dang