Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
saltydawg

Don't let the left lie to you

Rate this topic

3 posts in this topic

about why they lost mid-term elections. It wasn't a referendum on Obama.

It was a referendum on not listening to constituents. When Americans said they didn't want Obamacare, you gave it to them. When Marylanders said a rain tax was stupid, you gave it to them. When Americans said stop spying on us, you didn't. When Americans said we need more jobs, you ran businesses out of the state because they produce scary firearms. When American said coal miners are not the enemy, you insisted they were and systematically shut them down.

This elections was about passing pet legislation that people told you they didn't want. But the left always thinks they know what's best for people. I think in this election, they may have learned better...but I doubt it.

When the Repubs got their collective butts handed to them in 08, they did an introspective look at themselves, and appear to have come out for the better.

Will the Dems do the same?

I don't believe so. They are to arrogant to take responsibility for their failures. It will take another drubbing or two.

When the Repubs got their collective butts handed to them in 08, they did an introspective look at themselves, and appear to have come out for the better.

Will the Dems do the same?

I don't believe so. They are to arrogant to take responsibility for their failures. It will take another drubbing or two.

I don't know that the Repubs came out better...their '12 campaign was shameful...from messaging to candidacy. But I do think that from time to time all politicians have to be reminded that they are only one election away from being jobless and the quickest way to become jobless is to ignore your constituents.