Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jerseygofish

lbi fishing where to go

Rate this topic

41 posts in this topic

Hey guys I do all my fishing up in seaside park area and recently got new job in manahawkin and wanna hit the surf before and after work but never fished the lbi side . Where to go please if u got any info of the island I know there's a lot of private beaches . Thanks

Bait & Tackle Shops are where you usually can find the information you are seeking. The is no way you are going to get a location answer on this forum. Telling you any spot or area is spot burning.

What kind of bait is running, types of lures and info is what you will get from this forum. What kind of rods, reels and line questions are available too.

Reading this forum 2 years already and still can't understand what's so bad about spot burning? Especially when someone asks for help... Sounds like arrogance and unwillingness to help.

Regarding LBI question, have never fished there, so can't help, unfortunately.

I'm not talking about people's secret spots just general areas to fish in lbi

Best advise is to stop over at Fishermen's Headquarters as you come onto the island in Ship Bottom for getting a good starting point as to where to go , also down on the south end of the island Jingle's B&T ...

Good Luck

SteveG

Reading this forum 2 years already and still can't understand what's so bad about spot burning? Especially when someone asks for help... Sounds like arrogance and unwillingness to help.

Give me your spots and I promise not to bring 76 friends or post it here. Trust me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shor View Post

really hard to explain spot burning? well lets find you in the example then. 

You'll have to work really really really hard to bring 76 friends to a spot at 5 AM and much much harder to bring them back to the same spot again after they'll skunk there. Don't have any secret magic spot, turn on google maps, find a jetty between Seven Presidents park and Shark River, try to fish there, if no luck, go south or north to the next jetty and try there. Repeat until success. Simple, right? The only problem with this approach it requires a lot of time and some luck. And that's when forum may help a little.

Miegle nice pictures. Thanks. Two problems, only the first picture might look like made in NJ and the second one, it is really hard to believe that you can find that crowd at that spot at any given time. Surf fishing is tough in NJ, you have to work hard to get a fish. Or that just me, not lucky enough fishing at wrong spot?

Someone dig up that island beach pic.

To the OP: access down that way is good. Look on google earth for areas that appear to have deep troughs or a cut in the bar. Or areas with some rock outcroppings. You can park at many street ends all over LBI and have a fair chance at catching.

Here's where not to go on LBI......1823947

Like others have said, hit up a couple tackle shops, north end or south may produce. The Fall classic is going on, and fish are around. Go enjoy the day.. And if all else fails go down to Country Kettle, and get some Lobstah Bisque.