Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Angler #1

Chasing Rumors

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

Todays Cape Cod times reported that bass are still around chasing mackerel inside the canal. Well I have been hoping to catch a few macks, but so far zero. I have spoken to one person who picked up three huge ones the other day, but nothing since. As the time of the month approaches Veterans day [A day when over many years has been used as a start time for them to really show inside] I am optimistic that it will not be to long for some blue bullet action/

Generally the best times are after the East stops running and the beginning of the West, but one never knows if that will be the case, as each year is a little different from another.:D

I'm sure there are still stripers in the canal. Ya just gotta put in the time. For me the 2hr drive and this head cold ain't worth it. So I'm getting my ice gear ready. Being sick totally SUCKS. Good Luck to those that try to get a few more.

Throwing chunks at this time of year in most cases does a little better then other methods. The fish are using less energy to do a little feeding as they head on home . The majority large over the years were caught inside the canal have been to my knowledge been on large bait dead sticking of drifting the edges in the canal ;):D