Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TLap21

Master List?

Rate this topic

2 posts in this topic

It seems to me that there are a ton of threads always popping up asking about Canal setups.  If there's interest, I'd like to volunteer to make a master list of sorts to help answer these questions.  I was thinking something along the lines of:

RODS

HIGH END

• Plugging
  • Jigging
  • All Around

MIDRANGE

• Plugging
  • Jigging
  • All Around

BUDGET

• Plugging
  • Jigging
  • All Around

REELS

HIGH END

MIDRANGE

BUDGET

I've learned a lot from this forum and I think this would be helpful to anyone trying to get into fishing the CCC.  Thoughts? 

Tlap21 great idea, but keeping in mind price and functionality do not always work for some folks. It is a great idea for sure and perhaps give some guidance to those who get caught up in buying what some one is spinning at that time on what ever it may be.

I would include line in the format as well :D

My personal experience has been what ever you purchase , try to get an opportunity to sample it to see if it is what you were led to believe it can do for you. Also attempt to purchase what ever it is that you can afford , that will give you the best for the dollars invested.

For example when buying a rod from a person that has spouted this particular rod is the best rod they ever used and you look at the track record and they have stated that other rods previously were also the best rods they have ever used. You as a buyer need to know if this factual or is it a snow job to get you to purchase it. In some cases it well may be the best rod for that person and when taken into consideration the time period. That is why you make sure that you are the one making that decision when what ever you buy is the best you can afford at that time.

Rods and reels can be a subjective subject, when your pocket book will be the deciding factor as to what you purchase is the best it can be, if money is not in the equation then it becomes another ball game.

The outline above, you show, should enhance the knowledge of those that are new to the field of Canal fishing and even some beach fishing

as well.

I look forward to what you come up with as it could generate some interesting discussion in your choices.