Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nipsip

Where Have I Heard This Before - Germany Before WWII

Rate this topic

47 posts in this topic

"Rep. Greg Walden of Oregon, the chairman of the National Republican Congressional Committee, proclaimed Wednesday that Republicans may have built a “hundred-year majority” in the House.

"We're back to a majority as big as any of us have seen in our lifetimes. It may be a hundred-year majority," he said."

"I intend to set up a thousand year Reich and anyone who supports me in battle is a fellow-fighter for a unique spiritual-I would almost say divine-creation." - Adolph Hitler

So you are comparing the republicans to the Nazis. :dismay:

I'd say that Republican is full of $hit and I'll bet someone pointed Hitler's statement out to him, now that he is backtracking.

The Rep is referring to a weather event such as a "100 year storm" his intention was to say this may only happen once in a 100 years not that it will last 100 years.

Remember when Obama was first elected, and it was said the repubs were gone for a generation?

In politics, a HOR term is a long time, and things can turn 180 degrees pretty quickly.

If the Repub Congress makes folks like nippy and his ilk edgy, they must be doing something right.

They haven't even been sworn in, and already the Nazi comparisons start.

Remember when Obama was first elected, and it was said the repubs were gone for a generation?

In politics, a HOR term is a long time, and things can turn 180 degrees pretty quickly.

If the Repub Congress makes folks like nippy and his ilk edgy, they must be doing something right.

They haven't even been sworn in, and already the Nazi comparisons start.

-

:th:

There's some threads that makes me think..."well, OK. We won. Let's just get to work doing something useful."

Then there's threads like this that just make me pause... and bask in the warm glow of vengeance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nipsip View Post

"Rep. Greg Walden of Oregon, the chairman of the National Republican Congressional Committee, proclaimed Wednesday that Republicans may have built a “hundred-year majority” in the House.

"We're back to a majority as big as any of us have seen in our lifetimes. It may be a hundred-year majority," he said."

"I intend to set up a thousand year Reich and anyone who supports me in battle is a fellow-fighter for a unique spiritual-I would almost say divine-creation." - Adolph Hitler